Anybody change Osclass admin address ?

TKiller3000

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hello. Has anyone changed the address of the Osclass admin address ( /oc-admin ) to their own? Can there be conflicts with CMS, plugins and theme? Is it worth it or not?

Maddy22

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I have changed the Admin name. There is no problem. Only you have to update the path in few plugins when you install or update them. Also when you change the Admin folder name you need to mention the same in config.php file as mentioned in the article.

gabifir

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Tnx for sharing , i search for along time this.

TKiller3000

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I have changed the Admin name. There is no problem. Only you have to update the path in few plugins when you install or update them. Also when you change the Admin folder name you need to mention the same in config.php file as mentioned in the article.

These are already problems. How can I know in which plugins I should update the path ?

Maddy22

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
These are already problems. How can I know in which plugins I should update the path ?
I am not sure about windows computer but on mac what I do is download plugin > open that plugin folder > and through folder search, I just search for "oc-admin" and it shows me result for all files that contain oc-admin and I just open those files using visual studio and replace oc-admin with my Admin name. It's very simple, no rocket science, you will get use to it after trying with one plugin. If any plugins require edit and if you haven't edited that plugin admin name then it will show you 404 error when you open that plugin setting in your backend.

TKiller3000

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I am not sure about windows computer but on mac what I do is download plugin > open that plugin folder > and through folder search, I just search for "oc-admin" and it shows me result for all files that contain oc-admin and I just open those files using visual studio and replace oc-admin with my Admin name. It's very simple, no rocket science, you will get use to it after trying with one plugin. If any plugins require edit and if you haven't edited that plugin admin name then it will show you 404 error when you open that plugin setting in your backend.

Hmmm. Thanks for the advice. I check all plugins and template with Notepad++, hopefully not all of them use oc-admin.

ekremmor

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
If any plugins require edit and if you haven't edited that plugin admin name then it will show you 404 error when you open that plugin setting in your backend.

TKiller3000

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
The damn admin address change messed up my translation in several places.:mad: I had to return the old admin address.

Voodens

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash