Asking about what to start web development

adnk

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I am going to learn web developing. Can anyone suggest where do I want to start?

Phenotype

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
You can try Lynda.com or Udemy, CodeAcademy, etc...

Cruizin56

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
First, work out what style you want to learn, CMS, HTML5 + CSS, JavaScript, Python, Java, Ruby etc then go from there.

DarKMaSk

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I am going to learn web developing. Can anyone suggest where do I want to start?
When I first start web development, I started with Joomla because of its userfriendliness, it works out of the box, it is secured and very well maintained. After 10 or so years, I still love to use CMS, specifically Joomla and WordPress because I want to work smart. Using these two CMS has many advantages like, you don't need to do hard coding, you need not worry about bugs, you need not to worry about security and you will get great support... all are for FREE. So, the thumb rule of web development is think smart, work smart.

averma82

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi, if you want to learn eCommerce platforms, you can go with Prestashop or Wordpress with woo-commerce, and if you're going to develop an informational site or a blog then Wordpress is a good choice. Tons of study and support content is available on internet. For learning purpose you can opt for free hosting and free non-tld domain

ChrisLear87

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I learnt PHP, MySQL, CSS etc for years then had to convert all my projects to current 7+ standards MySQLi creating applications from scratch i started using W3 Resource, Pixel2Life Tutorials examining Open Source code learning how everything worked its a long process but you will get there.

Then i setup my own testlab back then it was xampp on a local machine its a good feeling once you make something it works correctly and knowing you did that it becomes a hobby.

I would suggest looking at tutorial websites, snippets, and Open Source code to get an ideal how everything links together then when you are comfortable create something basic and go from there.

DigitalZa

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hey Dude. Go the Joomla route. Couldn't be easier. I've deploying many sites using Joomla since 2010. It even easier now with Helix Ultimate template and SP Page Builder. Just dig in and work patiently. You'll get there.