V1.7 Comparative PageSpeed Insights of various themes !!! And win...

freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi.

The first thing is to add that I am not an expert programmer or sem or seo.
I am a hobbyist of many years acquiring knowledge from wonderful people.

I share a quick comparison that I have made to see the effectiveness of the different themes in version 1.7.8.6 of Prestashop.

I have done the test on my home server that I have linked to a domain and cloudflare.

The system is EndeavourOs with kernel 5.18.5
Openlitespeed server 1.7.16
PHP 7.4.30
PrestaShop 1.7.8.6

RESULTS

1º.- Theme Jewlry - Themevolty

1655885567068.jpeg

Little to comment.

With what the theme brings, the performance is normal, discreet.

2º.- Theme Leo shopiokid free.

1655885726308.jpeg

Low performance, almost bad due to the load of effects, design, code and modules that Leo uses.
In this case we need a powerful server to move and raise the ranking.

3º.- Theme Classic Modded

1655886108007.jpeg

In this case, under the modification of the classic theme and with many secondary modules added (about 25-30) the performance increases significantly on my server.

4º.- Theme Starter of Oksydan

1655886376126.png

With the starter theme I need to optimize it more, since the carousel, blog and some elements weigh down the performance on load and I need to do more tests to increase the improvement on load, but despite the load of modules it has, it defends itself spectacularly.

5º.- Theme ClassicBlinder "SURPRISE"

1655886778586.jpeg

I have this theme ready for a migration from 1.6.1.24 to 1.7.8.6 with approximately 1,200 products.

I have been surprised by the stability in performance and the ease of modification once you get the structure.

It does not have a significant module load (about 10) along with the POS.

After a few minutes I perform the test once more and the results:

1655887243763.jpeg

1655887263058.jpeg

At the moment the one that is giving me the best performance.

Conclusions:

I still need to try the rocket theme since I'm waiting for a new version.

But, the difference is abysmal when we compare the Classic theme modified to a store theme with its serial errors and the number of modules that it has without 100% optimization in the structure and core of Prestashop.

It is true that with a powerful server the performance goes up remarkably, but it is not what they sell us (that 99% directly).

Now each one has to assess the approach and orientation of the store, both in terms of design and operation, and select the platform on which it will operate.

My philosophy is to sell and the fewer fair attractions and distracting effects, I prioritize relevant content and the product-brand image over the rest.

1st - Classic
2nd - ClassicBlinder - Rocket - Starter
3rd - Panda - Alysum...
4th - Rest of themes.

Grettings.

hxcode

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Nice test, thx bro for sharing.
Do you have any opinion?
@d-shilko

apaz74

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
it is always difficult to be able to set all the parameters

freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Add that the tests are carried out without any type of analytical module of Prestashop.

I remove all references to analytics and addons. I prefer to link Matomo and Google Analytics. I mean the entire control panel as clean as possible.

Grettings.

tali656

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
What about Transporter or Warehouse themes?
For me both themes are the best themes for Presta (maybe with Panda Alysum too), both have good modules included, have live editors and they are fast.
Thanks for the info (y)

freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
What about Transporter or Warehouse themes?
For me both themes are the best themes for Presta (maybe with Panda Alysum too), both have good modules included, have live editors and they are fast.
Thanks for the info (y)

3rd - Panda - Alysum...

I left the ellipses as I consider them within the group of essentials (we all know them).
Although it is true that Panda is more technical and that is why I like it more.

Grettings.

klmmm

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

V1.7 Comparative PageSpeed Insights of various themes !!! And win...​

moonfire

Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
@freiserk Many thanks for your report!

I have only used one analytics module, Premium Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce by ReactionCode, and it seems to decrease the performance. Is that a common thing for most analytics modules?

One thing to consider is if you have installed and tested some of these themes 'out-of-the-box' with their demo product images. For some reason those images are often huge. Of course there is no reason for the developer to optimize them, but when a customer do a speed test the result is misleading.
Is some of the tests without optimized the images?

About optimized images, I did a quick check on the website that use the ClassicBlinder. And you can increase the mobile performance significantly by optimize the images.

As I mentioned in another thread, I currently work with a theme from ThemVolty. And it takes quite some work and alot of thinking to get a good performance. When I did some tests last week the Lighthouse performance score (for mobile) on the categorey-page was 96.
I hope I can post the end result soon.

freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
I have only used one analytics module, Premium Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce by ReactionCode, and it seems to decrease the performance. Is that a common thing for most analytics modules?

Yes.

Especially the analytics modules. It will depend a lot on the configuration and the data that we need to analyze since it will always be transferring or waiting to collect information.

Any module that we add to Prestashop will need resources.

One thing to consider is if you have installed and tested some of these themes 'out-of-the-box' with their demo product images. For some reason those images are often huge. Of course there is no reason for the developer to optimize them, but when a customer do a speed test the result is misleading.
Is some of the tests without optimized the images?

About optimized images, I did a quick check on the website that use the ClassicBlinder. And you can increase the mobile performance significantly by optimize the images.

No testing is done with the optimized images.

In the case of the Bass store, I have to optimize the images and surely a significant improvement is achieved.

In the case of ClassicBlinder, it's more comfortable because it already comes with many fine-tuned details and it's about improving different aspects step by step.
In other themes you have to go over all those details (alt, alt-img, css, js...).

I personally opt to change the images to webp with a simple standalone script system, only in the listings. Since I prefer that the final image of the product sheet be of the highest quality, respecting the size also of course.

As I mentioned in another thread, I currently work with a theme from ThemVolty. And it takes quite some work and alot of thinking to get a good performance. When I did some tests last week the Lighthouse performance score (for mobile) on the categorey-page was 96.
I hope I can post the end result soon.

Important, mobile usability is vital and a priority at this time.
There are some themes that reduce performance on PC, but on mobile they defend themselves very well and I'm considering redirecting some of these to focus on mobile traffic, which is the predominant one at the moment.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to seeing your conclusions as well.

Grettings.

ogame

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Many thanks for your report! Many thanks for your report!

Kerran1

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Interesting. thank you for taking your time for the comunity

rony

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
HI! Prestashop doesn't work with PHP 7.4.30, so enabling it you risk to have some issues with existing or new modules

craswell

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Muy interesante, gracias por la información. Yo uso werahouse por cuestiones de diseño pero el rendimiento no es muy bueno

jcarlos

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Good job freeserrk, I find the comparison and the final words of your article very interesting, the important thing is to sell and without distractions, and the sooner the page loads, the more options to fulfill what we are looking for.

ImanqkiTubeki

Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Interesting! Can you please test the Warehouse theme, as it is fairly "heavier" and eye candy? Also I am using shared hosting so my server response time is very bad all the time, thus Speed Insight gives me bad results.