Errors when trying to start download process - certification error

cpujjwal

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

Errors when trying to start download process - certification error

Hi guys, I have a problem when trying to install Magento 1.9.1.0. I'm stuck at the 'Download' step and cannot 'Start the download process'. I received this error:

"CONNECT ERROR: error setting certificate verify locations:
CAfile: C:\xampp\apache\bin\curl-ca-bundle.crt
CApath: none"

I have been searching for a way to solve this but have found nothing helpful. Can you guys help me? Here are what I have done to get to the error:
- I downloaded and installed the lastest version of XAMPP. I employed the database and configured the PHP.ini file as This page guided me from the beginning to 'Step 2 - config PHP'.
- I went to realize that I have to download and install through 'downloader.php' that I downloaded from Magento Open Source site, so I go to 'localhost/downloader.php' and followed the steps from Another page until I met the error.

Here is an abnormal thing I got during XAMPP Installation, I don't really know if it causes all this or not, but still post it here: I cannot find the line 'extension=php_mcrypt.dll' in 'php.ini'

This is all the information. I am looking forward to your solutions. Many Thank

Re: Errors when trying to start download process - certification error​

Hi @will_mai

I think this error is related to a missing package: ca-certificates

You need to run this command.

In Ubuntu Linux (and similar distro):

# apt-get install ca-certificates
In CygWin via Apt-Cyg

# apt-cyg install ca-certificates
In Arch Linux (Raspberry Pi)

# pacman -S ca-certificates
I hope it will help you.

Thanks
--
if issue solved and help ,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

zyhivan

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks for sharing it, Thank you so much! Thank you so much!

osamaqr

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Did you fix it ?? if not send me a message i can help

hxbt21

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
It seems like the error you're encountering is related to SSL certificate verification during the download process in Magento. The error indicates that the certificate locations are not set correctly.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Download the CA certificate bundle:
    • You can download the CA certificate bundle from the cURL website or another trusted source.
    • Save the certificate bundle to a location on your machine.
  2. Update your cURL configuration:
    • Locate your php.ini file. In your case, it seems to be at C:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini.
    • Open the php.ini file in a text editor.
  3. Specify the path to the CA certificate bundle:
    • Find the line that starts with curl.cainfo.
    • If the line is commented out (starts with a semicolon ;), uncomment it by removing the semicolon.
    • Set the value to the full path of the CA certificate bundle you downloaded. For example:
      swiftCopy code
      curl.cainfo = "C:\path\to\curl-ca-bundle.crt"
  4. Restart your web server:
    • After making these changes, save the php.ini file.
    • Restart your Apache server in XAMPP.
  5. Retry the Magento download process:
    • Try accessing the Magento downloader again and initiate the download process.
This should resolve the SSL certificate verification error you are facing. Make sure that the CA certificate bundle you download is up-to-date and from a trusted source. If the issue persists, you may also want to check if there are any firewall or antivirus settings that might be interfering with the download process.

Regarding the missing extension=php_mcrypt.dll in php.ini, it's not directly related to the SSL certificate issue, but you may consider adding or uncommenting this line if you need the mcrypt extension for your Magento installation. Ensure that the php_mcrypt.dll extension file is available in your PHP extensions directory.

After making these changes, try accessing the Magento downloader again, and it should hopefully resolve the issue.