freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Speed up your website
  • The module offers a superior lossless and lossy compression for the images of your site which is highly recommended for Page Speed Optimization purposes.
  • It is much more efficient than the standard image generation in PrestaShop, it doesn't have timeout errors and you can view the progress of the entire process.
  • The images generated through the WebP Generator module are about 26% smaller in size compared to PNGs. WebP lossy images are 25-34% smaller than comparable JPEG images at equivalent SSIM quality index.
  • Lossless WebP supports transparency (also known as alpha channel) at a cost of just 22% additional bytes. For cases when lossy RGB compression is acceptable, lossy WebP also supports transparency, typically providing 3× smaller file sizes compared to PNG.
  • Generating images with this module will free up space on the server and the page loading of your site will become faster.
  • Google will love your images which are generated by this module and you can obtain better rankings in Google Image Searches. This is additional to the general improvements in rankings thanks to having a fast site.

google-webp-image-generator.jpg

DEMO: https://addons.prestashop.com/demo/BO32801.html

Grettings.

Attachments

• webpgenerator_v1.0.5.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 167

darksabi

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
thanks alot my friend nice modül.

ko2x

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
thank you for sharing

rudolfo

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks for sharing this helpfull Module

ernestg

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
thank you for sharing
Post automatically merged:

Tried is on 1.7.6 - giving errors when trying to regenerate with default settings.:confused: anybody with better luck ?

Last edited:

Takio

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks for the v1.0.5 update from WebP Image Generator Module (y)

freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
thank you for sharing
Post automatically merged:

Tried is on 1.7.6 - giving errors when trying to regenerate with default settings.:confused: anybody with better luck ?

working perfectly in V 1.7.6.0, but initially I had problems with the .htaccess that I solved by correctly setting the path to the site directory.

Grettings.

Takio

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
working perfectly in V 1.7.6.0, but initially I had problems with the .htaccess that I solved by correctly setting the path to the site directory.

Grettings.
I do the same kind of .htaccess fix on the previous version (v1.0.4), but I still have 2 problems:
  1. The module regenerate and convert only JPG (or JPEG) into WEPG, not PNG... perhaps because Prestashop rename them in JPG?
  2. I cannot make it work with the Media Server option actived (but on the OFF position, all work fine for JPG pictures)
Did I am the only one in this case?

freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
I do the same kind of .htaccess fix on the previous version (v1.0.4), but I still have 2 problems:
  1. The module regenerate and convert only JPG (or JPEG) into WEPG, not PNG... perhaps because Prestashop rename them in JPG?
  2. I cannot make it work with the Media Server option actived (but on the OFF position, all work fine for JPG pictures)
Did I am the only one in this case?

Hi.

For 1.
Try the different libraries, one was compatible with png, but I don't remember which one.
The server must have the library added.

capture.jpeg

For 2.
I do not know.

Grettings.

hwshop

Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thank you for sharing, will try it out!

jprexx