v1.6-v1.7 is prestashop better than woocommerce?

osukosuk54

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I am conflicted as to choose which one....

krauserdmc

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Ive been working with prestashop, shopify and woocommerce and everyones has their advantages.
I like prestashop because it's focus is ecommerce, and you can customize it a lot. You dont have a lot of tutorials, but I think its not to complicated.
With woocommerce you have to install a lot of plugins for this to work correctly, and then you have to optimize it. Its kinda frustrating sometimes, but you got a lot of tutorials and videos to help you.

Shopify works pretty well if you give them money. You can focus more on digital marketing here, and not just development. But it saves a lot of time if you just want to start selling quickly.

d-shilko

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Ive been working with prestashop, shopify and woocommerce and everyones has their advantages.
I like prestashop because it's focus is ecommerce, and you can customize it a lot. You dont have a lot of tutorials, but I think its not to complicated.
With woocommerce you have to install a lot of plugins for this to work correctly, and then you have to optimize it. Its kinda frustrating sometimes, but you got a lot of tutorials and videos to help you.

Shopify works pretty well if you give them money. You can focus more on digital marketing here, and not just development. But it saves a lot of time if you just want to start selling quickly.
If you will buy module or theme you no need tutorials and videos to help. Because technical support all do for you. If you have experience in Prestashop all next sites will be easy to develop. Just add module and set some preference.
For my opinion PS it is best e-commerce business platform. All my costumers to site development very easy understand and use admin backend.
P.S. I never work with Shopify.

sk4all

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Being a wordpress developer you will find WooComerce is ease and offers hundreds of addons to be able to customize a virtual store. While PrestaShop focusses on e-commerce, let you to insert videos , images or modules, thus expanding the design options. WooComerce is much easier to use than PrestaShop, Prestashop has an administration panel with many features that you must learn if you are storemanager or customer support team or developer, but its beautiful if you understand it well. WooComerce is just a plugin that integrates with WordPress. PrestaShop can be used for a wide catalog of products.

Learning prestashop was not ease as wordpress development and after sometime they introduced major change 1.7 in which they added symfony framework and i have to makeup my mind to understand that too. Its your preference but what i believe is investing time on prestashop is worth. Market share of wordpress is more than prestashop but sometime i hate installing 'n' number of plugin, plugin and lots of plugins. So i personally like prestashop for e-commerce based application and its neat, super expandable as per your future need.

I would recommend prestashop , as tweaking prestashop environment and little webserver server options, prestashop work just great performance wise. I am not using shopify by the way i believe you have very limited controlling options and for more features you have to pay more.

d-shilko

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Join in. And installing 'n' number of plugin WordPress normal not only for e-commerce. Small landing page requires a lot of stack of plugin.

broxit

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
If you need a good ecommerce without pay montly fee like shopify, with good module and focus on e commerce, I think PS is a good choice.

tablet

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Prestashop is more easy to add product than Woo, then...

PrestaPene

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I find prestashop superior to woocommerece because is a standalone shop, woocommerce is just a plugin for wordpress and a lot of things can fail if you screw up the wordpress config.

PortiDGZ

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
As a former teacher told me, if you just want an ecommerce go with prestashop but if you also want to have a blog with your store go with woocommerce as it is more capable and SEO friendly when writing content

scorpionz

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I'd go with PrestaShop for sure. Because it's really focus on e-commerce. While woocommerce based on wordpress that focus on blogs.

And PrestaShop also easy to learn even for me without background of programming or coding etc.

dmf

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
From my point of view it's easy to find nulled themes and modules for prestashop :)

yasir1988

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
With prestashop you can grow in step with your business. I only see woocommerce as a simple ecommerce solution.

johnloner

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
It depends on your background and experience. Prestashop sometimes can be tricky and expensive depending on what you want to do. On the other hand it has a large amount of people creating, testing and giving support. That is the main reason whay I prefere Prestashop to other systems like Magento or Woocommerce