Jomla questions - can someone help ?

Booster03

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hello guys, i'm pretty new to CMS scripts. I started wordpress recently, but how good is jomla exactly ?

tonyonte1245

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Joomla is awesome, I have been working with it for over a decade.
Some people say its less user friendly for regular joes, but its powerful, extendable and supported!

unp-snae

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Wordpress gives you the opportunity to create a basic structure blog site or ecommerce relatively easy. Let's say "with the press of a button" sort of speak. This was the first CMS i ever touched, but then i saw the difference in speed, database structure and flexibility that Joomla! gave me, without the need of using 5000 different plugins.

At first it was not easy to understand that because i was trying to learn a new CMS and coding at the same time and i got frustrated. But i am happy that i stayed with Joomla! (and coding of course). If you have the patience, Joomla! will teach you a lot, especially now that 4 is stable. I've built 2 e-shops on it (Hikashop) and i really enjoyed it.

Soranob

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
In addition on what unp-snae said, if you want to build a multilingual site, Joomla works like a charm. Multilanguage content is one of the core functions of this great cms.

Hworld

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
try with Joomla.. is bit hard for first time but with the new version joomla 4 it is very easy to work with.

boyocska

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I use both. My problem with joomla is that they completely clutter up the admin interface when you change versions. I'm looking for what is where. Otherwise I like it.

FreeStar

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Joomla is the best. Although it has many more files and the intial settings may seem like a lot, then it is super easy and gives you the ability to have a neat, precise outline of everything you can do. The habit of approach makes all the difference

thecrowlife

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
i agree WP is okay but the issue is with WP is there plugin, it uses way to much ram and cpu..
where Joomla as limited of cpu and ram unless there plugins are mess up...

try joomla and let us know what u think of it

skirill

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Joomla has a well understood MVC (Model-View-Controller) design model. I consider this a big plus.