Joomla 4 crashes

drideanu

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I try to migrate several sites from 3.10 to any Joomla 4.0 and every time this finish with a beautifull crash.

Seems that Joola 4.0 compatibilty doesn' t exist.

anythingwebrelated

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I try to migrate several sites from 3.10 to any Joomla 4.0 and every time this finish with a beautifull crash.

Seems that Joola 4.0 compatibilty doesn' t exist.
So the way you are doing it will automatically work if you have 0 extensions. Right now it is very easy to upgrade if you have no extensions. I guarantee it has to do with a 3rd party extension that is not compatible. Would not know what to tell you without knowing what you have installed that is making it crash.

Also another thing you have to look at is the server disk space. If you don't have enough space you will not get a good update. I know it sounds simple but so many people have that issue including myself when I have forgotten to check.

mrdragon

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I try to update fresh joomla 3.10 to j4 and crashes... best options is to manual transfer data from j3 to j4.

FallenAngel

Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
So the way you are doing it will automatically work if you have 0 extensions. Right now it is very easy to upgrade if you have no extensions. I guarantee it has to do with a 3rd party extension that is not compatible. Would not know what to tell you without knowing what you have installed that is making it crash.

Also another thing you have to look at is the server disk space. If you don't have enough space you will not get a good update. I know it sounds simple but so many people have that issue including myself when I have forgotten to check.

I agree with him.

Zulu

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
same problem here, try to disable plugins and extensions

artweb

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Before to upgrade to J4 your site need to be updated to the latest J3.10 version and make sure did your extensions are compatible with J4.
If there are some extensions which are not compatible with j4 your website will crash.

artweb

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Right, it is because in J4 the predefined Joomla php classes are different than the J3 predefined Joomla php classes.

Hworld

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I have helped you update your J3 to J4 just pm me. off course there is a price

waeron

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

arustu

Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
Website
birdszoo.com
NullCash
backward compatibility is the issue
Post automatically merged:

is there any good solution please let me know

Last edited:

mflaza

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
If it's a small crash, go to PHPMyAdmin, try disabling extensions one by one, untill your backend and front end reappear. In some 30% of crushes it works. Tested on some 20-30 upgraded websites.

deviant

Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
use this component
MigrateMe v4.0.2.2 - update from Joomla 3.x to Joomla 4.x. This extension will create an exact version of your Joomla 3.x site, but with Joomla 4.x core in a separate development environment.

Link

ciorascu84

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
You need to check every extension's compatibility with J4, especially the templates.. If they are not Core templates/extensions, you need to check them.