prestashop from 0

JAJAvier

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
A week ago I began to study how to make my own ecommers, but I feel very little capable without having experience in this field, someone has any advice for this beginner.

sk4all

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Having basic knowledge of serverside programming languages and its framework will help to develop, modify and maintain your site. Well PHP is most popular and have many opensource and paid ecommerce platforms ready to use with almost no programming required.

If you are a wordpress developer you can get started with woocommerce, it's wordpress plugin to get started. Woocommerce communtiy strong enough to provide any help in case you need any.

Understanding database is more important so you should have fair knowledge about DB, Table, DML, DDL statements, Tables Relationships , Joins, uinions etc. Most importantly giving little time to db architecture will always advised.

Javascript is great tool learn basic of and AJAX.

Come again here if you have any questions.

Nulledfrm is always here to help! Cheers!!!

johnloner

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Prestashop is a very easy way to start, but don't get confused, if you want a professional eccomerce with lots of stuff and optimized, either you spend some money in modules or you have advanced programming skills in PHP and MYSQL.

You have plenty of information on Prestashop webpage (usefull to a certain level) and in youtube and some forums.

In my opinion, there is not a book that covers everything needed, the more time you spend creating, solving issues and testing, the more you will learn.

GuRuLAm360

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
If you have no problems using the code and patience to correct them when they arise, go to prestashop. This is scalable and with many possibilities at the ecommerce level, but it requires appropriate hosting and good optimization for optimal performance. On the other hand, if you do not want to complicate your life, go for wordpress with WooComerce that does not consume as many resources as prestashop at a modular and bd level because its programming is in pure php.

scorpionz

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
PrestaShop is very easy to use if you quite familiar with the ecommerce platform. I'd like to say that PrestaShop is like a mini Magento.
But it's not complicated like Magento.

And sometimes if you hit the wall, you can always search the solution for the problem using google, youtube, stackexchanged, etc.

Yee5300

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thank you