v1.6-v1.7 Prestashop Popup Banner Module

LuziCH

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
So i have decided to test the module and see how it works. At first the module seemed to be working fine, but then it stopped loading the banner. I opened the module in my code editor to see if i can spot what is the problem with the module. While i was looking thru the code i saw the “wtbannerspecial.tpl” file and i opened it in my code editor.

The surprise​

What i saw inside the code surprised me a lot. I saw this line of code:

Code:
<h1 style="opacity:0;"><a href="http://waterthemes.com/" title="Prestashop Themes 1.7 - Waterthemes.com">Prestashop Themes 1.7 - Waterthemes.com</a></h1>

I know that average user won’t understand what exactly this code does, so i will explain. This code creates an Heading 1 title with link to “waterthemes” website with the key word of “PrestaShop themes” and the part “style=”opacity:0;” makes this title and link invisible for the user and only visible for the Search engine bot crawlers or if you inspect the code with your browser developer tools.

The purpose of this code is to give a back link from your website on every page UNKNOWINGLY and UNWILLINGLY to his website where he sell his products, so can his store appear better in the search engines like Google.

This is how search engines like Google works, yourdomain.com gives a link with text to otherdomain.com and this is like saying “We yourdomain.com vouch for this guys over there at otherdomain.com” so Google when see multiple domains link to one domain they will increase the search ranking for that domain.

His link is also with H1 tag, meaning Heading 1, this HTML tag along with the “title” tag are telling search engines what is this page about, so he basically steals your entire store as this link appear on every single page and telling google that your entire website with every page is all about his link!