v1.6-v1.7 PLEASE BE WARNED: My live site got warning using nulled Mypresta modules!

tuuni

Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
[IMG='width:492px;']https://www.onlygfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/8-grunge-word-warning-cover.png[/IMG]

Hi all.

I want you to let you also know that live site got warning from the author from different mypresta.eu modules. He is saying to buy the product or take the module down or he will send you DMCA takedown act. He must be a real capitalist who is full of greed!

I suggest he has some script what crawls some certain module files locations and file names like some module js files, configuration xml files and inside top comment copyright area of client-side html files. I suggest to rename those files and remove comments if you use it on live site, then you hopefully not get monitored.

Peace out.

---

Please like the post if you find it helpful.
Post automatically merged:

leoseo

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Can you share with us the name of the plugin with the problem?

tuuni

Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
All the mypresta modules which are frontend based. backend modules seems to be ok, like import/export modules.

prokill

Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Have you checked that in the scripts, there are not php code that connect to mypresta website? (such as checking latest version or so).

hoodiegamers

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I think there is a code which checks the license or something like that.

Jan Doe

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks for the warning, even though I only use 1 free module from MyPresta

prokill

Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
yep checked a module for example, here is the code i have found. Scripts need to be nulled! by checking the current version, it will send stats with your shop URL. please just remove those codes!
Code:
      if (ini_get("allow_url_fopen")) {
            if (function_exists("file_get_contents")) {
                $actual_version = @file_get_contents('http://dev.mypresta.eu/update/get.php?module=' . $module . "&version=" . self::encrypt($version) . "&lic=$key&u=" . self::encrypt(_PS_BASE_URL_ . __PS_BASE_URI__));
            }
        }

pk2res

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
thank you for sharing the modules

prokill

Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
It might also be something to do with Prestatrust protection then but the code up there I have found is enough for the developer to find out if you have paid for the license.

vanhostingweb.com

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
yep checked a module for example, here is the code i have found. Scripts need to be nulled! by checking the current version, it will send stats with your shop URL. please just remove those codes!
Code:
                $actual_version = @file_get_contents('http://dev.mypresta.eu/update/get.php?module=' . $module . "&version=" . self::encrypt($version) . "&lic=$key&u=" . self::encrypt(_PS_BASE_URL_ . __PS_BASE_URI__));
            }
        }
And what is the solution if we have that part of the code? do we remove the link to de.mypresta.. or all that sentence "if" ?

broxit

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Better to check if there any link or lisence checker that running when website is live.

Edongo

Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
How I can install it I have error

michi

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks for the warning, I'll be attentive

mickneo

Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Code:
            }
        }

I confirm, this function checks the current version of the module and look for updates. The developer therefore receives all the information about your website.
Thanks for the warning!

axelien56

Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Code:
            }
        }
or just disable allow_url_fopen from your server configuration