Contributors: elliotcondon
Tags: acf, fields, custom fields, meta, repeater
Requires at least: 4.7
Tested up to: 6.1.1
Requires PHP: 5.6
Stable tag: 6.0.7

Official web site: Advanced Custom Fields

== Description ==

Advanced Custom Fields turns WordPress sites into a fully-fledged content management system by giving you all the tools to do more with your data.
Use the Advanced Custom Fields plugin to take full control of your WordPress edit screens & custom field data.
**Add fields on demand.** Our field builder allows you to quickly and easily add fields to WP edit screens with only the click of a few buttons!
**Add them anywhere.** Fields can be added all over WP including posts, users, taxonomy terms, media, comments and even custom options pages!
**Show them everywhere.** Load and display your custom field values in any theme template file with our hassle free developer friendly functions!

== Features ==
* Simple & Intuitive
* Powerful Functions
* Over 30 Field Types
* Extensive Documentation
* Millions of Users

Complete manual and functionality : YouTube Channel

== Tutorial ==

Best regards to all ;) Use with health and shortness for a lifetime

Attachments

• advanced-custom-fields-pro_v6.0.7.zip
    4 MB · Views: 15

Zulu

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Wow, thanks. a Question: do you know if there is another plugin like this one? this one is great but i want to try something different

catzarov1

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Wow, thanks. a Question: do you know if there is another plugin like this one? this one is great but i want to try something different
Hello @Zulu
As far as I'm aware, I don't think there's an equivalent to this plugin. It is the only implementation in this idea. If you ever find something similar, I'd love for you to share it with me. It would be useful and interesting for me to look into it.

Zulu

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
thank you for the reply catzarov1! i'll search and report to you if i'll find something :)

kayn786

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
The Dynamic plugin pack inspired me to try this. Thanks for sharing.

catzarov1

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I noticed a while ago that if this plugin is combined with an elementor, you can't make a "condition" if the field is empty not show its button on the public site. This of course annoyed me a bit, but despite this flaw I resorted to editing the template files and created a condition in them that there is nothing to show. It turned out great. The good thing is that ACF have a well developed help section with lots of examples and ready written php codes. Best regards ;)

kayn786

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I noticed a while ago that if this plugin is combined with an elementor, you can't make a "condition" if the field is empty not show its button on the public site. This of course annoyed me a bit, but despite this flaw I resorted to editing the template files and created a condition in them that there is nothing to show. It turned out great. The good thing is that ACF have a well developed help section with lots of examples and ready written php codes. Best regards ;)

Thanks for the reply. I've actually been trying to understand what the recommended way of editing template files is for Wordpress. Is it simply to make a child theme and go from there? For now, a combination of elementor and hooks has been adeqecuate, but I can tell that won't be enough once I have more advanced requirements.

catzarov1

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I'll write you an idea that I haven't tested yet, but I guess 99,9% it will work!
Install other plugins: Insert PHP Code Snippet in this plugin you can put php code:
PHP:
<?php
    $variable = get_field('field_name');
?>

Then, the php code snippet will create a shrtcut that you can use anywhere in elementor :) Sounds ideal in theory, but I haven't tested it.
For more examples please see here
Best regards.

Ravo

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Amazing, this is what I needed. I havent updated my version in like 6 months.

Joost71

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
nice thank you so much for this. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lorenbac

Master
Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thank you very much for sharing this plugin

quatrys

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
thank you bro for sharing this module for the community

maske

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

Mojo

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

Kraix

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

catzarov1

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

=== UPDATE! Advanced Custom Fields PRO v6.1.1 / 04.04.2023 ===
Tested up to: 6.2
Stable tag: 6.1.1

== Description ==

Advanced Custom Fields turns WordPress sites into a fully-fledged content management system by giving you all the tools to do more with your data.
Use the Advanced Custom Fields plugin to take full control of your WordPress edit screens & custom field data.
**Add fields on demand.** Our field builder allows you to quickly and easily add fields to WP edit screens with only the click of a few buttons!
**Add them anywhere.** Fields can be added all over WP including posts, users, taxonomy terms, media, comments and even custom options pages!
**Show them everywhere.** Load and display your custom field values in any theme template file with our hassle free developer friendly functions!

== Features ==
* Simple & Intuitive
* Powerful Functions
* Over 30 Field Types
* Millions of Users

Post automatically merged:

=== UPDATE! Advanced Custom Fields PRO v6.1.3 / 05.04.2023 ===
Tested up to: 6.2
Stable tag: 6.1.1

== Description ==

== Features ==
* Simple & Intuitive
* Powerful Functions
* Over 30 Field Types
* Millions of Users

= 6.1.3 =
*Release Date 5th April 2023*

* Fix - 'Create Terms' button for taxonomy fields now displays correctly
* Fix - ACF JSON field group files which have unsupported keys (not beginning with `group_`) will now load as field groups
* Fix - Renaming capabilities for post types will now set `map_meta_cap` to `true` solving an issue with assigning permissions to roles for that post type
Post automatically merged:

@lorenbac Since I see you have some "badges" I want to ask you something, maybe you will know :)
How can I update the 1st post when there are new versions of this plugin?
Since there is no "edit" menu, I have to post new "replies" in this thread with a new file ?

Attachments

• advanced-custom-fields-pro_v6.1.1.zip
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • advanced-custom-fields-pro.6.1.3.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: