Best CMS for Javascript developer

muhaki

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi guys,

I am about to build an ecommerce. But i am not sure which one i should choose. For now, i am looking at shopify, as they just released javascript framework for clientside. But what else is suggested? As developer, i am pretty much open for suggestions, just not php tho. As i know very little PHP and it will take me too long to learn PHP.

Thanks!

KillingJoke

Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
CMS use mostly PHP for their development. And for good reason... The complete management of an e-commerce in javascript is very complicated.

If you want a completely free system, requiring a lot of development I recommend Sylius. But you won't escape to PHP !

hominid4

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
We've used strapi https://strapi.io to create an event management site that takes payments and was happy how that turned out.

DigitalZa

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Joomla & Virtuemart I suggest. Not really a wordpress person.

Muskan

XNullUser
Reaction score
Website
www.uncodemy.com
NullCash
If you're a JavaScript developer and prefer to avoid PHP-based CMS options, there are several alternatives available that are well-suited for e-commerce websites. Here are a few popular CMS options that are friendly to JavaScript developers:
  1. Contentful: Contentful is a headless CMS that allows you to manage and deliver content via APIs. It provides a flexible and customizable approach to content management, enabling you to build your e-commerce website using JavaScript frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue.js.
  2. Strapi: Strapi is an open-source headless CMS that offers a JavaScript-first approach. It allows you to build APIs quickly and easily, making it suitable for developing e-commerce websites with a JavaScript stack. Strapi provides a user-friendly admin panel for content management and can be integrated with various front-end frameworks.
  3. Sanity: Sanity is a flexible and real-time CMS that enables developers to build structured content models. It provides a powerful and customizable API for content delivery, making it a good choice for JavaScript developers. Sanity supports JavaScript-based frameworks and offers a collaborative editing environment.
  4. Ghost: Ghost is a lightweight and open-source CMS specifically designed for bloggers and content creators. It uses Node.js and supports JavaScript development. While it may not have built-in e-commerce features, you can integrate Ghost with third-party tools to add e-commerce functionality.
  5. Vue Storefront: If you're considering Shopify due to its JavaScript framework, you might also explore Vue Storefront. It's an open-source, standalone PWA (Progressive Web App) storefront for e-commerce. Vue Storefront is built with Vue.js and allows you to connect to various back-end platforms, including Shopify, Magento, and WooCommerce.
These CMS options provide flexibility and customization capabilities while allowing you to leverage your JavaScript skills. Make sure to evaluate their features, documentation, community support, and compatibility with your specific e-commerce requirements before making a decision.

doctordex

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
i love this thaaa ajfn jkanfjkasnjkfnaskfnasjkfnaskjfnaksj

Operator

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi guys,

I am about to build an ecommerce. But i am not sure which one i should choose. For now, i am looking at shopify, as they just released javascript framework for clientside. But what else is suggested? As developer, i am pretty much open for suggestions, just not php tho. As i know very little PHP and it will take me too long to learn PHP.

Thanks!
As KillingJoke said, there's no point on creating another language or "reinventing the wheel". For people with lacking of programming as me, we do have a lot of eCommerce that also works as CMS that are PHP based. Anything going out of that might be a lot of work for the same or even less quality product.

In the NulledFRM forums, there are a few eCommerces for you to start out. About just Content Manager Systems, ignoring the fact that Wordpress is a blog powered and acts as a CMS in some ways, you have the most populars: Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal.

skazat

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
that takes payments and was happy how that turned out.

wemobiles

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Choosing the best CMS (Content Management System) for a JavaScript developer often depends on the specific requirements of the project and the developer's familiarity with certain technologies. Here are some popular CMS options that work well with JavaScript:

1. Strapi:
    • Strapi is a headless CMS that allows you to build powerful APIs with JavaScript (Node.js). It provides a customizable and extensible admin panel.
    • Well-suited for developers who prefer a flexible and API-first approach.
  2. Ghost:
    • Ghost is a CMS designed specifically for blogging. It's built with Node.js and offers a clean, simple interface for content creation.
    • Ideal for developers who want a lightweight and focused solution for publishing content.
  3. KeystoneJS:
    • KeystoneJS is a CMS and web app framework for Node.js. It supports MongoDB as a database and allows developers to quickly set up dynamic websites and applications.
    • Suitable for developers familiar with Node.js and MongoDB.
  4. WordPress with REST API:
    • While WordPress is primarily PHP-based, it has a REST API that allows developers to interact with the CMS using JavaScript. This is a good option if you want to leverage the extensive WordPress ecosystem while using JavaScript for frontend development.
  5. Netlify CMS:
    • Netlify CMS is a git-based CMS that works with static site generators. It's designed to be simple and easy to use, and it supports a variety of backends, including Git and GitHub.
    • Great for developers working on static site projects.
  6. Contentful:
    • Contentful is a headless CMS that provides a RESTful API. It supports multiple programming languages, including JavaScript, making it flexible for developers.
    • Suitable for projects requiring a content infrastructure without the limitations of a traditional CMS.
  7. Prismic:
    • Prismic is a headless CMS with a GraphQL API. It allows developers to define their content types and query content using GraphQL.
    • Ideal for developers who prefer GraphQL and want flexibility in defining their content structures.
When choosing a CMS, consider factors such as ease of use, scalability, community support, and how well it aligns with the specific needs of your project. Additionally, evaluate the learning curve for each CMS and whether it fits into your development workflow.

DigitalZa

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I use Joomla. Have for 15 years. Run a successful agency and deploy Joomla sites for all