V1.7 Comparative PageSpeed Insights of various themes !!! And win...

Vladzpua

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
какой сервер нужен что не сильно затормозил работу престы?

GuRuLAm360

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi.

The first thing is to add that I am not an expert programmer or sem or seo.
I am a hobbyist of many years acquiring knowledge from wonderful people.

I share a quick comparison that I have made to see the effectiveness of the different themes in version 1.7.8.6 of Prestashop.

I have done the test on my home server that I have linked to a domain and cloudflare.

The system is EndeavourOs with kernel 5.18.5
Openlitespeed server 1.7.16
PHP 7.4.30
PrestaShop 1.7.8.6

Conclusions:

I still need to try the rocket theme since I'm waiting for a new version.

But, the difference is abysmal when we compare the Classic theme modified to a store theme with its serial errors and the number of modules that it has without 100% optimization in the structure and core of Prestashop.

It is true that with a powerful server the performance goes up remarkably, but it is not what they sell us (that 99% directly).

Now each one has to assess the approach and orientation of the store, both in terms of design and operation, and select the platform on which it will operate.

My philosophy is to sell and the fewer fair attractions and distracting effects, I prioritize relevant content and the product-brand image over the rest.

1st - Classic
2nd - ClassicBlinder - Rocket - Starter
3rd - Panda - Alysum...
4th - Rest of themes.

Grettings.
Thanks for showing the comparison, but why didn't you use php8?
It would have been more interesting if the tests were done on mobile devices.

Until the final version of the 1.7.x branch it was convenient to adapt a classic template or variant as rocket and use elementor in between to give it some interesting changes but from version 1.8 this changes a little. since the final performance will be seen with modules that know how to align to the changes that this latest version offers otherwise you will see diminished your attempts to achieve a better rating.

@freiserk Many thanks for your report!

I have only used one analytics module, Premium Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce by ReactionCode, and it seems to decrease the performance. Is that a common thing for most analytics modules?

One thing to consider is if you have installed and tested some of these themes 'out-of-the-box' with their demo product images. For some reason those images are often huge. Of course there is no reason for the developer to optimize them, but when a customer do a speed test the result is misleading.
Is some of the tests without optimized the images?

About optimized images, I did a quick check on the website that use the ClassicBlinder. And you can increase the mobile performance significantly by optimize the images.

As I mentioned in another thread, I currently work with a theme from ThemVolty. And it takes quite some work and alot of thinking to get a good performance. When I did some tests last week the Lighthouse performance score (for mobile) on the categorey-page was 96.
I hope I can post the end result soon.

If image optimization helps and even more so using agile formats such as webp or avif with cdn servers

The 12 best PrestaShop templates + how to find the right one for you (2023 update)​

The 12 best PrestaShop Themes
  • ✅ 1. Warehouse. Warehouse is one of the most widely recognizable and recommended templates on the net.
  • ✅ 2. Alysum. This template is perfect for fashion shops opting for a minimalist design.
  • ✅ 3. Megashop.
  • ✅ 4. Optima.
  • ✅ 7. Auros Minimal.
  • ✅ 8. The Style.
  • ✅ 9. Eveprest.
  • ✅ 10. Molotok.
https://www.doofinder.com/en/blog/best-prestashop-templates
I disagree with that order because this analysis is prepared by a Doofinder search module that conveniently chose those templates, so, from my point of view, it is not completely neutral. Themes Pand & Transform have a better score above the first three and this one includes cleaner code compared to other themes. The fact that doofinder has not included it is because it conflicts with one of their similar products.

There are two tools that I usually use to evaluate themes with modules loaded and content already integrated for a more faithful evaluation of a real situation and not only testing the theme by itself. One of them is the WhatS Run google extension and the other tool to identify any theme is Gochy
Post automatically merged:

Thank you very much for this module!
What module are you referring to?

These messages are already being repetitive, it would be advisable to apply a filter to comply with the rules and improve coexistence within this site

Last edited:

giuluc1992

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Interesting. thank you for taking your time for the comunity

fbhdc

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Interesting. thank you for taking your time for the comunity

advancedbg

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thank you very much for it! Best regards!
Post automatically merged:

Thank you very much for it! Best regards!

arnaudbzh

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks a lot for this sharing. Maybe I will change my choice from Transformer to Warehouse

Mxna

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Very useful, I also recommend pingdom for testing.

buddystime

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
thanks for your report! Many thanks for your report! its realy helpful

f1x3r

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Interesting module, thank you very much for sharing this

rickytar

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Well done, Freeserrk! The comparative analysis and concluding remarks of your article are intriguing. Emphasizing sales without distraction is vital, and a quicker page load offers more opportunities to achieve our objectives.

hattavb

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

V1.7 Comparative PageSpeed Insights of various themes !!! And win...​