Has anyone tried Joomla 4? I am willing to check the improvements

astaiza

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I am willing to move to Joomla 4 from my 3rd version, However i was wondering if you can feel a great improvement and stability in the version 4.
I am willing to read your comments.

Besides How goog will be this version versus Wordpress ?

kitza

Master
Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I been using it and so far so good, the only thing I don't like is that every thing in the back end is over sized (huge buttons, font size etc) and it seems like wasted space but maybe is just that I need to get used to it.
On the wordpress front I'm not much help since I never liked it, I don't like the way they designed the database architecture but maybe is just me since they are hugely popular and it is a lot easier to find templates an add-ons then what you can find for joomla.

angelaus

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Wait some time, not all the good modules e-adn plguins are updated to J4! yet.

I urge you to stay on J!3 for update,

but if you will create a new site, start with J!4

kitza

Master
Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Wait some time, not all the good modules e-adn plguins are updated to J4! yet.

I urge you to stay on J!3 for update,

but if you will create a new site, start with J!4
Very true I am using it with a new site and I'm still waiting for some of the plugins I need to be updated hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

kgeerarts

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
No not tried it yet. Will set up a test server with J!4 and will see, perhaps will migrate some websites to J!4 in stead of WP

MooseMoney

Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I also do not like the big buttons and wasted space in the admin section. However, it is leaner and much more SEO friendly. Many plaugins still needs to be upgraded to v4 but there are more than enough to get the job done.

xaudiolap

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I have finally created a site in Joomla 4, and I like it a lot.

The only issue for me is that some items moved into new places (global configuration, modules, templates), and it makes you have to do an extra click to access it.

But now at least it allows you customize the various dashboards which is very nice (I've done it and customized it to my needs).

Note that some functions have changed (a lot!), so, if you develop/programm, be ready to update some things, not all will work if you are migrating from version 3.

The debug (PHP debug) now is really good!!

And with PHP 8.1 it is REALLY fast and saves a lot of RAM, I couldn't believe it.

mjm

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
yep Joomla 4 is fast and secure. Support 8.1 and WCAG 2.1 AA :) in basic template Cassiopeia.

derGOTTkenner

Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I can't be of any help with Wordpress.
Joomla 4 runs stable and I could not find any problems.
However, you have to be careful when migrating from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4. The dashboard and the admin template can be easily adjusted. This also applies to the admin login page.
The buttons are larger. I type because of the touch function.
Nothing stands in the way of using Joomla 4.

flockman

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Joomla runs fine and stable since the release date.

ciorascu84

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
In my opinion, J!4 is plain UGLY, chaotic and so on regarding Administration area. Please don't judge, its only my opinion!
J!3 has all in handy ... J!4 uses more clicks now than J!3.. I hate wasting time on clicks ;):)

aleroman

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Well, I think Joomla 4 requires only sime time to become familiar with it.
I started testing it since few days and I can confirm at a first view it seems a little bit chaotic, but if you spent some time on the backend you can easily find everithing simply, if you used to work with Joomla 3.
I remember in the past, alla the main release changes was more or less the same.