How to acces backlog when domain has been changed ?

rimas06

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
HelloWorld!

I've been tasked by a client to migrate a PrestaShop site to another one, changing in the process the domain name.
Now that it's done, they don't have access to their PrestaShop back-office anymore because the new placed domain redirect to a 404 page of the admin they were looking for on the old one. (hope I made it clear)
They are asking me to get the access back to the PrestaShop they asked me to migrate from, sadly I don't know exactly how.
I've changes all the urls related to the old domain name in the db and in the htaccess, but the back-office is still unreachable.
I believe I could export the whole damn thing into a brand new PrestaShop and re-upload it on the host.
But beforehand I'd like to know if I missed some steps, did anything wrong, or if there is an easier way to reach the back-office of a changed domain's PrestaShop ?

Thanks a lot to who replies
(sorry if it's not the right subject, I couldn't figure out a right one for that)

d-shilko

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
HelloWorld!

I've been tasked by a client to migrate a PrestaShop site to another one, changing in the process the domain name.
Now that it's done, they don't have access to their PrestaShop back-office anymore because the new placed domain redirect to a 404 page of the admin they were looking for on the old one. (hope I made it clear)
They are asking me to get the access back to the PrestaShop they asked me to migrate from, sadly I don't know exactly how.
I've changes all the urls related to the old domain name in the db and in the htaccess, but the back-office is still unreachable.
I believe I could export the whole damn thing into a brand new PrestaShop and re-upload it on the host.
But beforehand I'd like to know if I missed some steps, did anything wrong, or if there is an easier way to reach the back-office of a changed domain's PrestaShop ?

Thanks a lot to who replies
(sorry if it's not the right subject, I couldn't figure out a right one for that)
Hello. First. You had to prepare for the site migration to another domain. Modification of all links in DB bad idea.
1. Enter the site into maintenance mode
2. disable SEO Friendly URL
3. Clear cache
4. Save DB backup
5. Save file backup
7. Copy files to another hosting
8. recovery DB on another hosting
9. Go to /app/config/parametrs.php and correct the new value of DB database_name, database_user, and database_password parameters in the file.
10. Delete all files from /var/cache
11. Enter the admin link and...
12. If redirect to the old site again. Go to working DB on new hosting. Use Phpmyadmin or other tools to get access to DB tables on new hosting.
13. In table _PS_DB_PREFIX_."shop_url" modify variable "domain" and "domain_ssl" to new domain
14. Enter the admin link
15. Enable Freely Url
16. Enable the shop

If you need help feel free to ask me.

Have a good coding!

freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Hello. First. You had to prepare for the site migration to another domain. Modification of all links in DB bad idea.
1. Enter the site into maintenance mode
2. disable SEO Friendly URL
3. Clear cache
4. Save DB backup
5. Save file backup
7. Copy files to another hosting
8. recovery DB on another hosting
9. Go to /app/config/parametrs.php and correct the new value of DB database_name, database_user, and database_password parameters in the file.
10. Delete all files from /var/cache
11. Enter the admin link and...
12. If redirect to the old site again. Go to working DB on new hosting. Use Phpmyadmin or other tools to get access to DB tables on new hosting.
13. In table _PS_DB_PREFIX_."shop_url" modify variable "domain" and "domain_ssl" to new domain
14. Enter the admin link
15. Enable Freely Url
16. Enable the shop

If you need help feel free to ask me.

Have a good coding!

Don't forget about the .htaccess file at the root of the site.

😜

d-shilko

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Don't forget about the .htaccess file at the root of the site.

😜
Yes and no. Since PS 1.7.6 I do not touch this file. All work well.

zyhivan

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks for sharing it, Thank you so much! Thank you so much!