Nice way to make sure your server is optemised for your prestashop

wels13

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
ever wonder why your prestashop store is sluggish or slow ?
some times the reason is simply your server's settings , that does not give your store the resources it needs to flex its muscles
you need to make sure your server is providing enough resources for your prestashop store ,
in terms of server's infrastructure, php settings and php extension that would give you the best prestashop performance
all you need to to double check your server's readiness for your prestashop store
one single file you can upload to the root of your store and run from your browser give you a lot of details about your server and tell you if anything could be improves

1662673766919.png

Attachments

• fullprestainfo.php.txt
    20.8 KB · Views: 3

d-shilko

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
ever wonder why your prestashop store is sluggish or slow ?
some times the reason is simply your server's settings , that does not give your store the resources it needs to flex its muscles
you need to make sure your server is providing enough resources for your prestashop store ,
in terms of server's infrastructure, php settings and php extension that would give you the best prestashop performance
all you need to to double check your server's readiness for your prestashop store
one single file you can upload to the root of your store and run from your browser give you a lot of details about your server and tell you if anything could be improves

View attachment 74554
This post is for the Request thread.
Read the forum rules!

wels13

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
This post is for the Request thread.
Read the forum rules!
sorry I thought it is just general topic for prestashop
I dont think anyone requested it but I would be happy to move the post to requested !! :)

moonfire

Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
sorry I thought it is just general topic for prestashop
I dont think anyone requested it but I would be happy to move the post to requested !! :)
I think @d-shilko was in a hurry when he posted his message.
Even thou it isn't a module you have shared, it is still a script that some members might find useful. Its not a request that you did.

For the last couple of month I have spent some time optimizing PS, or a theme for PS to be exactly.
In the last years I have come across several questions of how to optimize PS. And the most common answer is to get a dedicated server and optimize the server settings.
The truth is that you can optimize the theme and modules itself. And thats what you should start with. Its not an super easy task, but I believe its the right approach.

wels13

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Even thou it isn't a module you have shared, it is still a script that some members might find useful. Its not a request that you did.

For the last couple of month I have spent some time optimizing PS, or a theme for PS to be exactly.
In the last years I have come across several questions of how to optimize PS. And the most common answer is to get a dedicated server and optimize the server settings.
The truth is that you can optimize the theme and modules itself. And thats what you should start with. Its not an super easy task, but I believe its the right approach.
well, a dedicated server could be an overkill
there are several levels of optimization based on the actual needs of your prestashop store and what kind of optimization

the first level of optemization is to make sure your store is getting the memory resources it needs (memory and limits ) and they are mostly simple setting in the php.ini in the root directory of your server , and even the simplest hosting plan would give the user the ability to edit there own php.ini
some shared hosting limit some of PHP extensions by default, not because they consume more resources , but simply because no one asked the super-admin to enable them . and in most cases a simple email with a request to the hosting provider may do the trick without the need for virtual private server or a didicated one

solange

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Gostei muito deste post, obrigado por compartilhar
Post automatically merged:

como faço para executar o arquivo, desculpe

d-shilko

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash

well, a dedicated server could be an overkill
there are several levels of optimization based on the actual needs of your prestashop store and what kind of optimization

the first level of optemization is to make sure your store is getting the memory resources it needs (memory and limits ) and they are mostly simple setting in the php.ini in the root directory of your server , and even the simplest hosting plan would give the user the ability to edit there own php.ini
some shared hosting limit some of PHP extensions by default, not because they consume more resources , but simply because no one asked the super-admin to enable them . and in most cases a simple email with a request to the hosting provider may do the trick without the need for virtual private server or a didicated one
Guys.
First! This is native information for Prestashop requirements. And you forget to add an important part from that page.

1662725712427.png

Second. I have written a few times - the best optimization is Premium hosting with OPcahe. Here I mean ended customer, not Google SppedPage Insight. For example, on my hosting, I have 4096M memory for PHP and 256 for Opcache.

Three. You can't optimize themes and modules from 30% to 80% Google Page Speed Insight without losing stimulation sales.
You know, the general issue in Google SppedPage Insight for PS theme is theme.js, and you are not able to optimize it!

If you for optimization disable modules like "Viewed Products", "Products in the same category", "Related Products", or "Cross-selling Products" you will be lost a big stimulation part of your site. For example, bind for these modules the Event in Google Analitycs and you will see how many customers using it!

Fourth. Google Speed Page Insight build for economy Google budget, not for SEO - it is the big trick. Why ask you? Answer in your post! Google bots always read and analyze your sites without "browse cache". This analysis is all Google value, I'd say significance! Modern sites going to increase in size, and Google will need more bots - computing power, memory, CPU, HDDs, and DataCenters square, staff, and over expenses.
SEO for e-commerce is a Google myth. For Google, your sales without Google ADS are not interesting. Like ordinary marketplaces, Google would want a fee for each sale - it is the essence of Google's business :)

wels13

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Guys.
First! This is native information for Prestashop requirements. And you forget to add an important part from that page.

View attachment 74600

Second. I have written a few times - the best optimization is Premium hosting with OPcahe. Here I mean ended customer, not Google SppedPage Insight. For example, on my hosting, I have 4096M memory for PHP and 256 for Opcache.

Three. You can't optimize themes and modules from 30% to 80% Google Page Speed Insight without losing stimulation sales.
You know, the general issue in Google SppedPage Insight for PS theme is theme.js, and you are not able to optimize it!

If you for optimization disable modules like "Viewed Products", "Products in the same category", "Related Products", or "Cross-selling Products" you will be lost a big stimulation part of your site. For example, bind for these modules the Event in Google Analitycs and you will see how many customers using it!

Fourth. Google Speed Page Insight build for economy Google budget, not for SEO - it is the big trick. Why ask you? Answer in your post! Google bots always read and analyze your sites without "browse cache". This analysis is all Google value, I'd say significance! Modern sites going to increase in size, and Google will need more bots - computing power, memory, CPU, HDDs, and DataCenters square, staff, and over expenses.
SEO for e-commerce is a Google myth. For Google, your sales without Google ADS are not interesting. Like ordinary marketplaces, Google would want a fee for each sale - it is the essence of Google's business :)
I will take it in consideration
althought the script does tell the user what php version is compatible with there prestashop , I will make it more understandable