V1.7 [Poll] Prestashop 1.7.8 or prestashop 1.8 ?

Would you prefer install Prestashop 1.7.8 or 1.8 for your new website ?

• Total voters

seca4all

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi every body ,
Just a little and simple question :
Would you prefer install Prestashop 1.7.8 or 1.8 for your new website ?

onsy

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I would for start install new version(8.0.x) and check if everything works and then use it if its OK. But if you are new to prestashop and don't know to code, then i would suggest you to stay with the current stable version (1.7.8.8).

seca4all

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I know that the proverb say : When it's work .. don't touch it ... But are we geek or not ? When a new version arrived , i can't resist to install it ;-)

Anith

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Here is new version ready to use: https://build.prestashop-project.org/news/prestashop-8-0-0-available/

In principle, it's a pretty stable version, but of course bugs will continue to show up over time.

The vast majority of themes and modules that support version 1.7.8.x should work on version 8.0.0. (they say so)

I wouldn't recommend the new version for a live site, but more for a test site. Unless you're prepared to get angry and nervous :D

I can not wait for stable version of 8.0.0 because of PHP 8+ and cleaner code.. PrestaShop stores on PS 8.0.0 will be 50-70% faster then on 1.7.8.x :)

seca4all

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Here is new version ready to use: https://build.prestashop-project.org/news/prestashop-8-0-0-available/

In principle, it's a pretty stable version, but of course bugs will continue to show up over time.

The vast majority of themes and modules that support version 1.7.8.x should work on version 8.0.0. (they say so)

I wouldn't recommend the new version for a live site, but more for a test site. Unless you're prepared to get angry and nervous :D

I can not wait for stable version of 8.0.0 because of PHP 8+ and cleaner code.. PrestaShop stores on PS 8.0.0 will be 50-70% faster then on 1.7.8.x :)
My mistake .. I meant prestashop 8 and not prestashop 1.8 of course ..

moonfire

Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
50-70% faster. That's a quite nice improvement, and very welcome.
But a migrate has to wait until it has been tested more. There will be bugs in the nearest future.