V1.7 Prestashop Module List Clean & Tidy in Back-Office [Custom]

Takio

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
The following is not "really" a module, but it's very useful... and I love useful things :giggle:

In the list of Prestashop modules, a point has always bothered me: Partners and pay modules go up and mix with the modules installed on the site, which makes it often a total brothel err... mess to navigate.

fDRTnOj.jpg

Did you notice the number on the top left corner: 185 modules in a fresh install

I had already looked a little how to remedy this point on version 1.6 without finding a satisfactory solution... but the good news about PS 1.7 is that it becomes relatively easy to do! (by cons I did not say it was clean way :sneaky:)

The modification must be made in a part of Prestashop that is not suchargeable, nor overrided, so it is necessary to slighty modify one line in a core file in 'src/Core/Addon/Module/ModuleRepository.php'

Magic! Now the modules quantity are dropped from 185 to 4... for sure it's will more easy to find your stuff now

J5zr8cf.jpg

Now the the number on the top left corner is only 4 on a fresh install

In fact, the list of Prestashop modules is now as it always must be, but this was never corrected by Prestashop (perhaps on purpose?) and we already are on 1.7.5.1 now.

As the modification must be applied in the core system, you will find a folder with 3 files:
  1. 'ModuleRepository': It's the modified file with filter added
  2. 'ModuleRepository_Original-BackUp': The name speak by himself, it's back-up form the original file.
  3. 'ModuleRepository_With-filter-BackUp': it's back-up form the modified file, because during update the 'ModuleRepository' modified file will be remplaced by the one from the upgrade, so you must repeat the operation and replace the file again.
Just dowload the zip below, unzip it, drop it in your main prestashop folder, and you're done!

Note: my mother tongue is French, that's why the print screen aren't in English :cool:

Download Patch for Prestashop 1.7:

Tip: If you noticed it, there is [Custom] in the title, so if you type Custom in the Search box, and hit Enter, you will see all my custom modules.

Last edited:

mleo456

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks for that Takio, Ill give it a go!

Takio

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash

mleo456

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks a bunch for gathering that info for me. I'll give that a look.
Cheers 😊👍

Takio

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks a bunch for gathering that info for me. I'll give that a look.
Cheers 😊👍
If you follow the video step-by-step, it's really easy to do, and the result will be same as my custom files for PS1.7 ;)

Adri1b

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Big thanks, that seems to be interesting ;)

gilnewpresta

Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
The following is not "really" a module, but it's very useful... and I love useful things :giggle:

In the list of Prestashop modules, a point has always bothered me: Partners and pay modules go up and mix with the modules installed on the site, which makes it often a total brothel err... mess to navigate.

fDRTnOj.jpg

Did you notice the number on the top left corner: 185 modules in a fresh install

I had already looked a little how to remedy this point on version 1.6 without finding a satisfactory solution... but the good news about PS 1.7 is that it becomes relatively easy to do! (by cons I did not say it was clean way :sneaky:)

The modification must be made in a part of Prestashop that is not suchargeable, nor overrided, so it is necessary to slighty modify one line in a core file in 'src/Core/Addon/Module/ModuleRepository.php'

Magic! Now the modules quantity are dropped from 185 to 4... for sure it's will more easy to find your stuff now

J5zr8cf.jpg

Now the the number on the top left corner is only 4 on a fresh install

In fact, the list of Prestashop modules is now as it always must be, but this was never corrected by Prestashop (perhaps on purpose?) and we already are on 1.7.5.1 now.

As the modification must be applied in the core system, you will find a folder with 3 files:
  1. 'ModuleRepository': It's the modified file with filter added
  2. 'ModuleRepository_Original-BackUp': The name speak by himself, it's back-up form the original file.
  3. 'ModuleRepository_With-filter-BackUp': it's back-up form the modified file, because during update the 'ModuleRepository' modified file will be remplaced by the one from the upgrade, so you must repeat the operation and replace the file again.
Just dowload the zip below, unzip it, drop it in your main prestashop folder, and you're done!

Note: my mother tongue is French, that's why the print screen aren't in English :cool:

Download Patch for Prestashop 1.7:
[Hidden content]

Tip: If you noticed it, there is [Custom] in the title, so if you type Custom in the Search box, and hit Enter, you will see all my custom modules.
Merci pour ce partage

torotero

Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
well done. Thank you for sharing.
Greetings