v1.6-v1.7 Prestashop Optimizes Performance, Clean and Accelerates DB Module

Root

System Boss
Staff member
Big Boss
Reaction score
NullCash
optimizes-performance-clean-and-accelerates-db.jpg

Demo : https://addons.prestashop.com/en/we...rformance-clean-and-accelerates-db.html?ab=1&

• Module Versiyon: 1.3.1
  • v1.7.4.4 Compatible
v1.7.5x Compatible Download Link: https://www.nulledfrm.com/threads/p...clean-and-accelerates-db-module.826/post-2895

Attachments

• optimizeps.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Takio

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Yeah! A module to speed all the stuff (with gzip) and clean -safely!- the DB to keep it clean & tidy... I like that! :giggle:
Thank you @Root

supermatt

Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
tested on v1.7.4.4, don't work very well for me. Don't save settings and delete only some rows from the DB

freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
tested on v1.7.4.4, don't work very well for me. Don't save settings and delete only some rows from the DB

Hi.

Delete the browser cache, smarty, and the class_index.php file from the folder: "var -> cache -> prod.

If after doing that the errors continue, there is a free module that does that work in the database.

Luck.

dsfstore

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
anyone tested in version 1.7.5? thanks

freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash

On 1.7.5.1 & 1.6.1.23 to.

Optimize DDBB but no save settings.

Grettings.

freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
In the absence of someone else confirming it, it's not worth it.

Takio

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
@supermatt @dsfstore @freiserk

Patience is a vertue guys... :sneaky:

The problem isn't the module which is not able save settings, is the module which isn't able to find the cache, so of course this part doesn't work.

As now we know that the module is not able to find where is the cache :unsure: and for sure there is no cache in .../app/ in PS 1.7.5.x :rolleyes:, no problem, we will just tell him where to find it :cool:

To make it work correctly on PS 1.7.5.x, just follow the next steps:

Step 1:
On optimizeps.php, on the line 209 , replace ('../app/cache')) by ('../var/cache')), like this:

Original optimizeps.php file:
Code:
 if (version_compare(_PS_VERSION_, '1.7', '>=')) {
            foreach (new RecursiveIteratorIterator(new RecursiveDirectoryIterator('../app/cache')) as $file) {
                $cachesize += $file->getSize();

optimizeps.php after modification:
Code:
 if (version_compare(_PS_VERSION_, '1.7', '>=')) {
            foreach (new RecursiveIteratorIterator(new RecursiveDirectoryIterator('../var/cache')) as $file) {
                $cachesize += $file->getSize();

Note: If you use a PS version inferior to 1.7.5, just look where is your cache, and replace the faulty ('../app/cache')) cirectory by the good one ('../XXX/cache'))

Step 2:
Delete class_index.php file from the folder: "var -> cache -> prod" & "var -> cache -> dev"

Step 3:
Enjoy your Optimizeps module :)

Takio

Bonus:
If you are not sure how to edit a php file (or don't know how to do it), download a already optimizeps.php modified, unzip it, and drop it inside your Optimizeps module

Attachments

• optimizeps.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

dsfstore

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks @Takio , i'll give it a try right now

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

unfortunately no change

Last edited:

Takio

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
After I searched a bit about this module on Prestashop Add-On, I noticed this:
  • Version 1.3.3 (04/12/2018)
  • Compatibility v1.4.1.0 - v1.7.4.4
  • Changelog:
    • v.1.3.1 - Update Prestashop 1.7, new features to increase the performance of prestashop, browser cache, gzip compression and prestashop cache erasure.
    • v.1.3.2 - Removed option to clear cache (clearly, it's a downgrade, NOT a upgrade :confused:)
    • v.1.3.3 - Add Prestastrust (seriously, they make a upgrade for that? :unsure:)
So yes, the version 1.3.1, which is available on the first post, is the latest version compatible with PS v1.4.1.0 - v1.7.4.4.

Below, you can find my version 1.3.1 "Custom" (11/03/2019), which is compatible with PS v1.7.5.0 - v1.7.5.1

Note 1: Before released this "custom" version on the forum, I make a lot of test with a Prestashop 1.7.5.1 with Transformer theme and his child theme (heavily modified), and ONLY the Prestashop cache fully activated, and all was working fine.
Of course, if you use another/additional cache module, it's not impossible that the two modules are in conflict...

Note 2: If Gzip is already activated on your hosting, you cannot actived it a second time with the module, and it's the reason why you cannot save your settings.
To check if Gzip is already activated (or not), you can use this link: https://www.whatsmyip.org/http-compression-test/

Note 3: Even if you don't use the Gzip part, the cleaning database part is really well done, as you can:
  • Clears the data of all visitors who are not registered
  • Deletes the start and end of visits on the page.
  • Removes obsolete offers
  • Eliminates searches of data that are stored in the database.
  • Removes visitor data, operating system, browser, etc ...
  • Deletes Page not found.
  • Removes abandoned baskets.
  • Tables defragmentation and repair processes.
... and just in one single click!

Download Optimizeps for PrestaShop 1.7.5.x:

Attachments

• Optimizeps 1.33 Custom.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

dsfstore

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
still no modification.... anyway thanks for taking time to check this...maybe is a conflict with my cache module - i will try to set it as dynamic module under "Page Cache Ultimate"

Takio

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
still no modification.... anyway thanks for taking time to check this...maybe is a conflict with my cache module - i will try to set it as dynamic module under "Page Cache Ultimate"

Before plublishing the patch on the forum, I make a lot of test with a Prestashop 1.7.5.1 with Transformer theme and his child theme (heavily modified), and ONLY the Prestashop cache fully activated, and all was working fine.

xeta

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
After I searched a bit about this module on Prestashop Add-On, I noticed this:
  • Version 1.3.3 (04/12/2018)
  • Compatibility v1.4.1.0 - v1.7.4.4
  • Changelog:
    • v.1.3.1 - Update Prestashop 1.7, new features to increase the performance of prestashop, browser cache, gzip compression and prestashop cache erasure.
    • v.1.3.2 - Removed option to clear cache (so yes, it's a downgrade, NOT a upgrade :confused:)
    • v.1.3.3 - Add Prestastrust (seriously, they make a upgrade for that? :unsure:)
So yes, the version 1.3.1, which is available on the first post, is the latest version compatible with PS v1.4.1.0 - v1.7.4.4.

Below, you can find the Version 1.3.1 "Custom" (11/03/2019), which is compatible with PS v1.7.5.0 - v1.7.5.1

Note 1: Before released this "custom" version on the forum, I make a lot of test with a Prestashop 1.7.5.1 with Transformer theme and his child theme (heavily modified), and ONLY the Prestashop cache fully activated, and all was working fine.
Of course, if you use another cache module, it's not impossible that the two modules are in conflict...

Note2: If Gzip is already activated on your hosting, you cannot actived it a second time with the module, and it's the reason why you cannot save your settings.
To check if Gzip is already activated (or not), you can use this link: https://www.whatsmyip.org/http-compression-test/

Download Optimizeps for PrestaShop 1.7.5.x:
[Hidden content]

thx Takio