V1.7 Prestashop Paypal Express 1 Click Check-Out Button [Custom]

Takio

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
No it's not a typo, and Yes, you read it correctly: Paypal Express 1 Click Check-Out Button (not "page" but button), because it's really a Buy in 1 Click button ;)

And it's easy to install... it only requires a small work (just one half line to change) to customize the button to fit your theme.

Step 01:

This is the most easy step: in your back-office, go to /modules/Paypal and activate the option "Paypal Express Check-Out"

JiP2Aza.jpg

When it's done, you will see a ugly misplaced orange Paypal button at the bottom from the shopping cart... right between "continue shopping" on the left and "proceed to check-out" on the right.

Note: This button is naughty... err... tricky because the payment script work only at this place, as he is "linked" with the hook 'displayShoppingCartFooter', so there is no way to move it.

Step 02:

Unzip the folder Paypal_EC_Black_Magic_PS1.7 and upload it in https://YOUR-SITE-NAME/themes/YOUR-THEME/
... it's a better solution than make a override, and you won't have to worry about Paypal's module update.

Note: if you use a child theme (wich is always a better solution, as you won't have to worry about your theme template too), upload it in https://YOUR-SITE-NAME/themes/YOUR-THEME-child/

When it's done, clear your cache, and the ugly orange Paypal button will become invisible... so the payment script is still linked with the hook 'displayShoppingCartFooter', but cannot be called (for now) because the button is hidden.

bUuZMy8.jpg

Step 03:

Now, it's the fun part: create a custom button which fit your theme and call the hidden script.

Go to https://YOUR-SITE-NAME/themes/YOUR-THEME/templates/checkout/ and make a copy from cart.tpl

Open it with Notepad++, go to the end of the page, insert fews lines just before :
Code:
{block name='hook_reassurance'}
{hook h='displayReassurance'}
{/block}
and copy this:
Code:
<!-- BUY IN 1 CLICK PAYPAL BUTTON v1.7 cart_shortcut START    -->
        <div id="container_express_checkout" >
            <form id="paypal_payment_form_cart" class="paypal_payment_form" action="{$action_url|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Buy in 1 click with Credit Card with or without Paypal account.' d='Shop.Theme.Actions'}" method="post" data-ajax="false">
                <input type="hidden" name="method" value="{$PayPal_payment_type|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"/>
                <input type="hidden" name="current_shop_url" id="paypal_url_page" value="" />
                <input type="hidden" name="bn" value="{$PayPal_tracking_code|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />
                <input type="hidden" id="in_context_checkout_enabled" value="0">
                <input type="hidden" id="source_page" value="cart">
<!-- ADD CUSTOM BUTTON PAYPAL v1.7 cart_shortcut START        -->

<!-- /!\ VERY IMPORTANT! READ THE DETAILLED EXPLICATION BELOW TO CUSTOMIZE THE BUTTON LINE BELOW /!\ -->
                <button type="button" class="btn btn-default btn-full-width" onclick="setInput();return false" >
<!-- /!\ VERY IMPORTANT! READ THE DETAILLED EXPLICATION BELOW TO CUSTOMIZE THE BUTTON LINE ABOVE /!\ -->

{l s='Express Checkout' d='Shop.Theme.Actions'}
                    <i class="fto-paypal icon_btn"></i><span>
                    {l s='Buy in 1 Click with PayPal' d='Shop.Theme.Actions'} </span>
                </button>
<!-- ADD CUSTOM BUTTON PAYPAL v1.7 cart_shortcut END         -->
            </form>
     </div>
<div class="clearfix"></div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/api/checkout.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$shop_url}modules/paypal/views/js/shortcut_cart.js"></script>
<!--  BUY IN 1 CLICK PAYPAL BUTTON END                     -->
To customize your button:

The line <button type="button" class="btn btn-default btn-full-width" onclick="setInput();return false" > is composed from two parts:
  1. <button type="button" class="btn btn-default btn-full-width" // this part is how the buttons are made with Transformer or Panda theme, but without the "onclick" part... so look with you theme, maybe is slighty different on others themes.
  2. onclick="setInput();return false" > // is the Paypal "onclick" part, and this part is absolutely needed to call the hidden script and to avoid any double click from the customer.
To find how your button is constructed, it's easy, as there is the "Proceed to Check-Out" button just above... just copy it, and change the "onclick" part.

When all is done correctly, you will have a custom Express Check-Out button which fit your theme, and ready to call the hidden Paypal script.

4DprL2W.jpg

Step 04:

It's time to test how it's work... :giggle:

Add some stuff in your cart, and hit your brand new custom Express Check-Out button, aaaaaaaaaand... Bam! Now you can pay "on-the-flight" by Credit Card or by Paypal without leaving the shopping-cart page... this is what I call a fast-lane :cool:

bBYw7Sw.jpg

No more Check-Out page to fill... No more Customer Registration needed... and most importantly, no more One Page Check-Out problem(s) with module(s) override.

Cherry on the cake: the customer is automatically registered in Customers group, and his delivery address is filled by Paypal... he just pay, that's all... which, by the way, is the only thing that matters to us :p

Just for the record, this is how the customer's delivery address is filled by Paypal

JeltSyL.jpg

Enjoy!

Download Paypal EC Black Magic PS1.7:

Tip: If you noticed it, there is [Custom] in the title, so if you type Custom in the Search box, and hit Enter, you will see all my custom modules

Attachments

• Paypal_EC_Black_Magic_PS1.7.rar
    18.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

freiserk

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Thank you very much for the tutorial.
It is very useful.

Greetings.

mark

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
You are awesome! Thank you for this.
Actually a USEFUL tutorial site for prestashop would be needed.

Prestashop is good but needs a lot of work to gt it right. Having a quick guide which module/setup to use with prestashop would be helpful to save tons of time.

We are in 2019 and have still to pay for some pretty SEO url, I mean wtf - wordpress has this for 10+ years. And every time you try adjust the URLs for SEF it's like dropping a nuke, with 500 errors and all that shit.

Takio

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
@mark Thanks... as I know that I am awesome, I will change my pseudo by "Blow Your Mind!" :D

The tutorial above is not just how to use the Paypal module, but how to install properly my customization/fix, because let's face it, the team from "202 ecommerce" (those which publish the official Paypal module) are not the most innovative in this domain because:
  • The Paypal Express Check-Out button is placed "in the middle of nowhere" in the middle of the shopping_cart page
  • The Paypal Express Check-Out button is "linked" to the old hook from PS1.6 'displayShoppingCartFooter' , when they can use a new PS1.7 hook like'displayOrderConfirmation2' to place the button under the 'Proceed to Check-Out Button'
  • They use a ugly orange button, even if a lot a pretty Express Check-Out Paypal button are already present in 17 languages in the modules/paypal/views/img/ECShortcut/
... so my module just fix that... without any override ;)

@freiserk
Did you already try it?
If yes, whith which theme?
... and how it's work?

Last edited:

ZeTino

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
thank you i willl try
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for this module

Last edited:

fefe64fr

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
merci nikel je attentent de me débloque tous ça

puyevoyu4easyemail

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks for the good trick.
However, after install this paypal express, it seems I cannot have my cart working properly as a sidebar