Shopify or Prestashop?

Mich

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
PrestaShop, I'm not a big fan of Shopify. But, honestly it really depend on you. Shopify is more easy and fast to use. For myself, I prefer Prestashop for the flexibility, but this can be seen like a bad side of Prestashop too.

chewmometer

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Prestashop has way more capabilities and customizations than Shopify, in my opinion. Shopify can get too expensive just to tweak it the way my Prestashop works now.

v558drbg0m6u

Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
If you're not a developer go for Shopify. Even if you can afford to hire a developer you need someone with good experience to knowledge to get a smooth experience with Prestashop. That being said, it's much more flexible and open than Shopify but it will require a lot of investment in modules (that can be hit or miss btw) to get something awesome. Not to mention a lot of custom development on top of those modules to make it your own.

Overall it really depends on your budget and experience. None is truly free. If I'm honest, I think that Prestashop is more expensive to develop and maintain overall.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that with Prestashop you can test a lot of modules by downloading them from this site and decide which is worth buying. Otherwise you can spend a lot of money of rubbish modules.

naunen

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
go for shopify , its easy to use , very clean interface and superb performance

tbago

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
shopify has bigger support and better interface

serafin

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
If you're not a developer go for Shopify. Even if you can afford to hire a developer you need someone with good experience to knowledge to get a smooth experience with Prestashop. That being said, it's much more flexible and open than Shopify but it will require a lot of investment in modules (that can be hit or miss btw) to get something awesome. Not to mention a lot of custom development on top of those modules to make it your own.

Overall it really depends on your budget and experience. None is truly free. If I'm honest, I think that Prestashop is more expensive to develop and maintain overall.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that with Prestashop you can test a lot of modules by downloading them from this site and decide which is worth buying. Otherwise you can spend a lot of money of rubbish modules.

Totally agree

Kegwa

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Why not WooCommerce ?
Maybe as developer would be more lightweight than prestashop and more cheaper than shopify

v558drbg0m6u

Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Why not WooCommerce ?
Maybe as developer would be more lightweight than prestashop and more cheaper than shopify
I personally don't have much experience with woocommerce but, from what knowledge I have, I would only use it for something simple like a restaurant menu or a bike shop where not a lot of products need to exist at once.

For a more advanced e-commerce site you need to think of performance, infrastructure, development, security and much more and I don't think you can accomplish something great with wordpress on a big scale.

xwolf

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
take a look also on Magento. i think is the best.