SP Page Builder 3.8.6 and PHP 8.0

lebmanx

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi

Has anyone else had difficulties with SP Page Builder 3.8.6 when using PHP 8.0. Our web host advised that they're auto upgrading all accounts to PHP 8.0 towards the end of the year, and I discovered that SP Page Builder breaks as soon as I enable PHP 8.0. I get a page not found type of page. The component settings are accessible in the back end, but if you visit a page created by Page Builder it shows an error not found. Same if you try create a new page.

I was under the impression that PHP 8.0 compatibility was added already in 3.7.x? So just curious if anyone else experiences the same issue I have?

acidrain_lnx

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I have a lot of problem with Joomla, some components and modules ith PHP8....

xaudiolap

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
SP Page Builder 3.8.7 works with PHP 8.1, but it has so many bugs (the extension), I wish they sorted them out because in PHP 8.1 the site is really FAST!

lebmanx

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I've got so many websites that I'm going to have to redo because they've got a page or two made with SP Page Builder, and then I'm also using a Gantry 5 based template for most of the sites, that isn't PHP 8 compatible. I thought that PHP would have better backwards compatibility. Just causing problems!