Vesta CP error after Php and MariaDB update

andrey3127

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Initially I have purchased a VPS with pre-installed CentOS-7-amd64-vesta. I've got MariaDB 5.5.68 and PHP 5.5.3 which may not be enough for prestashop 1.7.8.
Because Vesta CP is pretty convenient way to manage the server, I have decided to update MariaDB and PHP on CentOS 7 rather then install newer version without Vesta CP.

There may instructions how you can update MariaDB and PHP, so I will not go throu it. After installing all requred updates I have faced the issue with logging in my Vesta CP, before the update I could login with credentials that I have received from VPS provider where user name was "root" and passwod, but after update I've encountered following "Login with root has been disabled" which means that "root" account exists, but Ioging option has been disabled.

The trick is that after update you have to profile's name which you can see inside vesta's account, in my case that was "admin". So when I used "admin" instead of "root" as username and "root"'s password, I coud succesfully get inside Vesta CP pannel.
Снимок экрана (493).png

d-shilko

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Bro 1.7.8 very crude. Most module pledged support of 1.7.8 but it is not true and marketing trick.

Try all you setup on 1.7.7.8 very stable and good compatible with modules and themes

PHP 5.5.3 very bad choose. I had wrote you try install on PHP 7.2-7.3 with endlish language by default. then add you lang and delete english

aslankhan

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
I think PHP 5.5.3 is not fully compatible with ps 1.7.8, ask your administrator to upgrade your php or do it yourself. One of most fantastic update in prestashop 1.7.8 is support of php 7.4!

Best Regards