VPS or Turbo shared hosting? Which one is ideal to start an OSclass marketplace

Kidosneh

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hello everyone! I’m technically new to online tech sphere.
I’m planning on launching a local marketplace using Osclass but I can’t seem to wrap my heads around some terms.
I have read several forums about the best open source framework like drupal or Osclass and I’ve eventually decided to go with Osclass. But now the issue is I don’t know which web hosting type would suit this project.
PS: The local marketplace aims to serve more than 5000 active users within the first 6 months as I’ll be pushing heavily in marketing.

any help, input advise and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Maddy22

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I am not a very tech person but I would say its always good to start with basic where you don't have to spend more at the beginning because that would be an unwanted expense for you until you gain enough users from which you can start earning. So, to start shared hosting would be a good option according to me, but you need to make sure you cross check with the hosting provider about what they say because when they say unlimited it doesn't actually means unlimited as they always have a cap limit which they don't mention upfront but when you reach that limit they will restrict their service. Rest there are many experts here who can give you detailed information and guide you properly. I just shared my personal view. Best of luck for your startup

Kidosneh

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I am not a very tech person but I would say its always good to start with basic where you don't have to spend more at the beginning because that would be an unwanted expense for you until you gain enough users from which you can start earning. So, to start shared hosting would be a good option according to me, but you need to make sure you cross check with the hosting provider about what they say because when they say unlimited it doesn't actually means unlimited as they always have a cap limit which they don't mention upfront but when you reach that limit they will restrict their service. Rest there are many experts here who can give you detailed information and guide you properly. I just shared my personal view. Best of luck for your startup
I really appreciate your response. This alone would help me in choosing what’ll be best fit for my project. Currently, I’m reading some article about a2hosting in which it claims they are one of the fasted and well-optimized hosting for Osclass. I don’t know how true this is, but just as you’ve opined, I’ll get in contact with their sales team and enquire about their service and features.
Thanks once again.

sadewa

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
To get big project, recommend VPS because private server,, if share hosting not recommend

Kidosneh

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
To get big project, recommend VPS because private server,, if share hosting not recommend
Thanks a lot! but do you recommend a managed vps or i should go for the unmanaged ones?

babyfletty

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
For a start, a small VPS plan would do, then you upgrade your servers as your platform grows. for staging or testing, then you can start with a shared hosting.

sadewa

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

the new era

Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hello everyone! I’m technically new to online tech sphere.
I’m planning on launching a local marketplace using Osclass but I can’t seem to wrap my heads around some terms.
I have read several forums about the best open source framework like drupal or Osclass and I’ve eventually decided to go with Osclass. But now the issue is I don’t know which web hosting type would suit this project.
PS: The local marketplace aims to serve more than 5000 active users within the first 6 months as I’ll be pushing heavily in marketing.

any help, input advise and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi @Kidosneh. If you decide to " pushing heavily in marketing." you site you will need high level of security and SEO. You need to own your server , something like I have : dedicated servers with 2 Intel Xeon processors , 2 * E5-2667 v4 , Cores: 16 , Threads: 32 , 128 GB RAM, Memories DDR4 , 2 x 960GB Sata SSD, Raid 1 , uplink 1000 Mbps , unmetered traffic .... and very important is to have 2 sources for power supply to your server.

djnet

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi @Kidosneh. If you decide to " pushing heavily in marketing." you site you will need high level of security and SEO. You need to own your server , something like I have : dedicated servers with 2 Intel Xeon processors , 2 * E5-2667 v4 , Cores: 16 , Threads: 32 , 128 GB RAM, Memories DDR4 , 2 x 960GB Sata SSD, Raid 1 , uplink 1000 Mbps , unmetered traffic .... and very important is to have 2 sources for power supply to your server.
A server with these specs, I think will heavily drain the wallet. Which provider do you use and at what cost?

Arys

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thanks a lot! but do you recommend a managed vps or i should go for the unmanaged ones?