v1.6-v1.7-v8x Want to remove unwanted pictures? Redundant Image Cleaner v4.5.4

LAurent

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I am very curious to test it. it would be a native tool of prestashop.

testTest2

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
You solved my problem,I was looking for a module to do this, thanks !

Eleos

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
thanks for sharing. I will try it.

Nek

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
thank you very much, i go testing it

attman123

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

PrestaShop Compatibility V1.5.0.0 - V8.0.3

Free up disk space on the server of your shop by clearing redundant images with this module. Redundant images are images not needed and not used anywhere in your shop and taking disk space on your shop for no reason.
There are several cases in which Prestashop images happen to become redundant. Some of them are mentioned below:

• Deleting products from database. This is different than deleting products manually on back-office. Deleting products from database happens with SQL query, most often with import module, or sometimes people delete with SQL command on database. This will not delete images of products. However, if you delete products manually on back-office using Delete button, Prestashop takes care of deleting images too.
  • Deleting image format. If you create new image format and after some time delete that format, the images of that format is not deleted, so they become redundant. Image formats can be found in Preferences -> Images section. By default there are about 6 formats for product images, for example, home_default, large_default, small_default, etc... and some themes create image formats too when you install them, and if you change that theme later, images of those created formats will become redundant.
  • Not erasing previous images when regenerating thumbnails. This is also to be found in Preferences -> Images section. There is an option to erase or not previous images. So if you do not erase, the old images will become redundant and new images will be generated.
  • Generating high resolution images. Prestashop has an option called “Generate high resolution images” on Preferences -> Images section. When you enable this option, new images with higher resolution will be generated. And if you decide not to use this option after using it for some time, those high resolution images will become redundant, you will no longer need them.
  • Importing products using CSV import module. Some import modules may provide option to delete existing images before importing new ones, but they may fail to delete images correctly, leaving old images to be redundant.

HOW TO CHECK IF MY SHOP HAS REDUNDANT IMAGES?

If your shop does not have redundant images, then the module would tell you that you have 0 redundant images. That is why you need to buy this module if you are sure you have a problem with redundant images.

If your images folder (/img) is very huge and you think it is not normal considering number of products you have, then you can make some calculation to find out if the size of your /img folder is normal or not for the number of products you have in your shop. For example, if you have 1000 products and on average you have 3 images per product, you should have total 21000 images. That is because there are 6 image formats (home_default, large_default, etc…). So each image becomes 7 images: original + 6 formats. So 1000 * 3 * 7 = 21000. If average size of an image is 300KB, 21000 images will be around 6GB. So this is approximate size. And then you will check total size of your /img/p folder. If it is something greater than 10GB then there is something wrong and most probably there are many redundant images.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REDUNDANT IMAGES AND DUPLICATE IMAGES?

Redundant images are images not needed and not used anywhere in your shop, because they are not linked to any product. Whereas duplicate images are linked to products and they exist in your shop just like normal images and you can view duplicate images on product page just like normal images. The problem with duplicate images is that they are uploaded more than once to the same product.

ATTENTION: This module does not delete duplicate images. This module is for clearing redundant images that are not used anywhere.
thannk you taking the time to share this with us

hatc

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Great share ! Thank you for sharing this content !

trakr

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
i need to test this module, should be good

slonodesa

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
спасибо за то что поделились. Сейчас поставлю.

magoblanco

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
very interesting module, I hope to streamline and speed up.
Post automatically merged:

very interesting module, I hope to streamline and speed up.

alegis

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
muy interesante modulo, espero poder agilizarlo y agilizarlo.