What are the benefits of using Joomla ?

Demi779

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
What are the benefits of using Joomla ? Except that templates are available free of cost and can apply with one click and it allows to update your old Joomla from the admin section.

xaudiolap

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
In terms of development, I love Joomla, because it is so easy to develop modules or plugins, and also to integrate a custom HTML into it! (Joomla uses a standard called MCV (model controller view), this allows the customization of the "design" without interfering with the code! (Wordpress doesn't).

The template chosen won't interfere with the back-office (Wordpress has that problem).

It allows the override of the template (customizations) or extensions (modules, etc), and won't be destroyed in case of an update to Joomla.

Also, Joomla can be used as a platform and build applications on top of it, using its API, etc.

In terms of "ready made", it is also very good, version 4 alows the customization of the back-office with a lot of options and there are a lot of free templates (and some really nice ones that are payed, or downloaded here...).

There are also a lot of editors available, this allows you to create an almost seamless edition (also there are extensions that allow you to edit in the front end, see SP Page Builder).

The main "selling" point for me, is that there is no need for extra plugins/extensions to perform the basic functionalities (SEO, multi-language, etc), whereas for instance Wordpress needs a lot of plugins...

Joomla is realy fast, especially version 4 in PHP 8.1!

I have been using it for the last 16 years, so I could go on and on with more benefits.

vinscass

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
In terms of development, I love Joomla, because it is so easy to develop modules or plugins, and also to integrate a custom HTML into it! (Joomla uses a standard called MCV (model controller view), this allows the customization of the "design" without interfering with the code! (Wordpress doesn't).

forty

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Joomla is more stable than other free cms and more secure. Many they dont now all benefits of Joomla.
You dont need many plugins and extension to meke a professional website and Joomla 4 gives almost everything to do that.
Custom fields are so usefull.
The most important is that Joomla developers are pro!

Commodore67

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
The latest version of Joomla is a state of art CMS. I have used previous versions and I can tell you that they have made a lot improvements so I would say that Joomla and Wordpress are neck a neck in terms of CMS development.