What is the best SEO plugin for Joomla 4 ?

jeromebg

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi guys,
Migrating to Joomla4, was using sh404sef for url rewriting and SEO.
According to you experience, what plugin should I use for Joomla 4 ?
Thank you

mondeo

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
For URL rewrite I use core extension Rewrites.

Johan

Master
Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi guys,
Migrating to Joomla4, was using sh404sef for url rewriting and SEO.
According to you experience, what plugin should I use for Joomla 4 ?
Thank you
4SEO:
4SEF:
With these tools you can do a lot more.

pod83

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
What can you say about them? What is still better 4SEO or 4SEF?

Johan

Master
Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
What can you say about them? What is still better 4SEO or 4SEF?
Hmm you better get to know these tools first, they each serve for different purpose.

It constantly analyzes your site to detect changes, identifies important pages, adds meta and structured data, optimizes for social sharing and builds your sitemap.

4SEO also provides you with tools for every day SEO work: list of broken links, custom error pages, redirections, canonical tags, content replacement, robots.txt...

It connects to Google Search Console to inform you about keywords you should use and pages you should link to and lets you submit changed pages to IndexNow.

4SEF URLs are fixed, predictable and independent from the Joomla menu structure. Finally change your menu and navigation without all links being broken.

SEF URLs are generated automatically but any single of them can be manually customized to exactly what you want and need.

4SEF creates SEF URLS in the exact same way as sh404SEF, our previous SEF URL extension.

4SEF works the same on Joomla 3 & Joomla 4.

pod83

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
And if use both plugins, won't they conflict with each other&
Post automatically merged:

Hmm you better get to know these tools first, they each serve for different purpose.

It constantly analyzes your site to detect changes, identifies important pages, adds meta and structured data, optimizes for social sharing and builds your sitemap.

4SEO also provides you with tools for every day SEO work: list of broken links, custom error pages, redirections, canonical tags, content replacement, robots.txt...

It connects to Google Search Console to inform you about keywords you should use and pages you should link to and lets you submit changed pages to IndexNow.

4SEF URLs are fixed, predictable and independent from the Joomla menu structure. Finally change your menu and navigation without all links being broken.

SEF URLs are generated automatically but any single of them can be manually customized to exactly what you want and need.

4SEF creates SEF URLS in the exact same way as sh404SEF, our previous SEF URL extension.

4SEF works the same on Joomla 3 & Joomla 4.
thank you so much for such a detailed answer

dacascos

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
After updating an old site to Joomla 4, I think i'll give 4SEF a try! Thanks