Which ecommerce script to use in 2022?

Sqveeze

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hello,

I would like to ask which ecommerce script is the best to use in 2022? I was working with woocommerce a few years ago, but my problem with woocommerce is that you need to install way too many addons and update them, and the whole ecommerce system is built on wordpress, so this time, i want to go without wordpress / woocommerce. I have read a bit on prestashop and opencart but there may be something else that i don't know and it is good. So my question is, what ecommerce script to go with if i want to create a new ecommerce website?

Thank you for your answers.

rorob81

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I think you can take a look at Prestashop. Of course, if you need a base system, to just work it's ok. Unlike Woocommerce, there are many addons and you could have difficulty to find free addons. Another thing is that there are many bugs in each version, so be patience...
If you want a strong and ready-to-go system, try Shopify.

Sqveeze

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I think you can take a look at Prestashop. Of course, if you need a base system, to just work it's ok. Unlike Woocommerce, there are many addons and you could have difficulty to find free addons. Another thing is that there are many bugs in each version, so be patience...
If you want a strong and ready-to-go system, try Shopify.
Thank you for your reply. Is the bugs you mentioned are blockers? For example will it block the purchase or transaction or payment process, or these are minor bugs like you can't save a settings on admin panel, or the frontend is glitchy?
Bro? :D

pitarxx

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Usually its minor problems only but they stack up...

Yee5300

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Thank you
Post automatically merged:

Thank you

Last edited:

Sqveeze

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Usually its minor problems only but they stack up...
Well, i give it a try, and hopefully i don't have to migrate to bigcommerce or shopify, as i like to develop some things myself.

minute

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Prestashop has a very good addon base. CS-cart is super expensive but stable and complete. Woocommerce is ok also, cheap but not so "business".

Sqveeze

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Prestashop has a very good addon base. CS-cart is super expensive but stable and complete. Woocommerce is ok also, cheap but not so "business".
Thank you for your answer. Visited CScart's website but it not that i looking for yet because i don't want to invest too much on starting an online shop. Hacking with Prestashop since a few days, and overall i like it. There are a few bugs, but luckily it doesn't block any mandantory feature. Maybe i will migrate to cscart when presta will not handle my shop well anymore.

minute

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
There is no need in migrating to CS-cart, because is expensive and to make it look better and also to customise it you need extra money. I belive at this moment Prestashop is what you need to get going, maybe is a small learning curve, but it is for all carts the same. The great bonus in Presta is the fact that it has a lot of addons and modules made for ecommerce.