v1.6-v1.7 is prestashop better than woocommerce?

tabletoudia

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Have worked with Magento and Woocommerce, i definitely prefer prestashop due to it's power combined with the ease of use and normal addon prices. Imo magento is the leader, but it is becoming harder and harder to maintain and use and much more expensive

serafin

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
After working with both, prestashop is definitely better than woocommerce

Kegwa

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Have worked with Magento and Woocommerce, i definitely prefer prestashop due to it's power combined with the ease of use and normal addon prices. Imo magento is the leader, but it is becoming harder and harder to maintain and use and much more expensive

But, what about the frequent updates of PrestaShop ?
I think p.shop requires a periodical update to avoid the "breakpoint", namely the point where upgrade is not able anymore

rxfm

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
If you need an e-commerce website = PrestaShop
If you need a website that sells = Woocommerce

powerana

Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Worked with magento, prestashop, and woo.
Woo is the easiest to set up.
Prestashop doesn't have many tutorials so you're on your own sometimes.
Also, woo community is way larger.

Eleos

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Wordpress made for building blogs. And the woocomerce plugin just using the wordpress database tables to store the products. Because of this my woocomerce eshops are running very slow after 2-3 years.

tabletoudia

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
But, what about the frequent updates of PrestaShop ?
I think p.shop requires a periodical update to avoid the "breakpoint", namely the point where upgrade is not able anymore
Upgrades are easy and then they are within a version, most of the plugins are still working. On major updates you will need to rewrite plugins and themes on all platform. Also, frequent updates happen on all major ecommerce scripts

schopes

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Tried some scripts and find presta the best.

Best regards

Kegwa

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Upgrades are easy and then they are within a version, most of the plugins are still working. On major updates you will need to rewrite plugins and themes on all platform. Also, frequent updates happen on all major ecommerce scripts
Consider Prestashop on 1.6, runs with php5, Prestashop 1.7 and beta8 run with php7
How do you manage the update?
Most of tables are changed into database, and automatic updater doesnt complete the process because some parts works only with php7 but your version (1.6) still works on php5..

I think that a major update on prestashop requires more money and more sacrifice.
Probably you'll need to re-buy some modules

tabletoudia

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Consider Prestashop on 1.6, runs with php5, Prestashop 1.7 and beta8 run with php7
How do you manage the update?
Most of tables are changed into database, and automatic updater doesnt complete the process because some parts works only with php7 but your version (1.6) still works on php5..

I think that a major update on prestashop requires more money and more sacrifice.
Probably you'll need to re-buy some modules
Well, if you read the documantation and follow the steps this is not a problem. Major updates like this happen once in 5 years. If you keep updating your site, when this time will come it will be easy to upgrade

Alc

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Prestahop it's much better and professional

sangy

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I am conflicted as to choose which one....
ogni cms ha il suo vantaggio io preferisco prestashop per un ecommerce perchè nel tempo si finisce sempre a gestire molti articoli e prestashop in questo è migliore