v1.6-v1.7 is prestashop better than woocommerce?

vod

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
presta is real ecommerce , woo is good choise for beginer but in time you will suffer

sunandthemoon

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
prestashop is one of the most advanced solutions for ecommerce. You have can find lots of asnwers when you have a problem
Woocommerce is a bit younger than Presta and is related to WordPress is quite easy to use but for me it is made for small businesses

mario888

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
i think yes, prestashop is better than woocomerce

hichkas62

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi guys.

prestashop is very better than woocommerce​

itwhy

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Woocommerce or prestashop ? it's like to choose between two deceases ! Are you dev or not ? if you're dev (php), choose something else !
Like Sylius or other true symfony ecommerce. Woo, as prestashop, are fu***** jokes !
If you're not dev, have you a lot of money ? if you have, you can choose Presta becau everything need to be paid. If not, choose Woocommerce, wordpress is a great plateform with no extra fees (shame on prestashop for that)

aslankhan

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
If you have a large number of products, Woocommerce is not a good option

steven211

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Prestashop is more easy to add product than Woo, so much better.

SafeJim

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Prestashop has loads of support and cheap labour from the likes of Fiverr. I find individuals with woocommerce don't have a clue on fiverr

aalleexx

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
prestashop if you want a professional solution, but it is costly to start a prestashop website with all teh tweaks you want and a good website template, but the maintenance and the security, the options you have and the ease to add, edit, products, the ease to work with the orders, is much better than prestashop ( 1 prestashop website and 3 woocommerce websites), this is my personal opinion

meetthedev

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Being a wordpress developer you will find WooComerce is ease and offers hundreds of addons to be able to customize a virtual store. While PrestaShop focusses on e-commerce, let you to insert videos , images or modules, thus expanding the design options. WooComerce is much easier to use than PrestaShop, Prestashop has an administration panel with many features that you must learn if you are storemanager or customer support team or developer, but its beautiful if you understand it well. WooComerce is just a plugin that integrates with WordPress. PrestaShop can be used for a wide catalog of products.

Learning prestashop was not ease as wordpress development and after sometime they introduced major change 1.7 in which they added symfony framework and i have to makeup my mind to understand that too. Its your preference but what i believe is investing time on prestashop is worth. Market share of wordpress is more than prestashop but sometime i hate installing 'n' number of plugin, plugin and lots of plugins. So i personally like prestashop for e-commerce based application and its neat, super expandable as per your future need.

I would recommend prestashop , as tweaking prestashop environment and little webserver server options, prestashop work just great performance wise. I am not using shopify by the way i believe you have very limited controlling options and for more features you have to pay more.
i agree

acetest

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Well, i've worked on both, Prestashop has its advantages, ease of use, straight forward out of the box among others, and i've been working on it for years (more than 7 years now).
However, Presta lacks tremendously in the SEO part, the SEO is basic, and the SEO engine of Prestashop needs to be updated for better referencing.
With Woocommerce, it's easier, straight forward and seamless whatever theme you are working with.
Also in terms of plugin, couple of years ago, Presta had a crack down and increased the prices of their official addons, which is a hassle.
Anyway for small, out of the box projects i am using Presta, more complex it's Woo.

nem13es

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I think the same as the firs post, every cms has differents benefits!!!!

flsh144

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I think Prestashop is better than Woocommerce, and will overcome it in the future